Sunday, August 05, 2012

Sunday thoughts

This week I was thinking about our new ward. We've been in it for 7 months now, and it still doesn't feel like home. (Obviously, as I still think of it as our new ward.) I'm in Primary, so I still don't really know that many people. And it seems like we have more than our share of problems.

Today in testimony meeting, a man stood at the pulpit and sang his gratitude. He then spoke about being unemployed for two years, and announced that he now has a good job, and his family has benefits again! He gave thanks for living in a ward where people know what it is like to suffer, to experience adversity, and yet to hold fast.

Well. I, for one, am grateful for a new perspective.

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's rough when your ward feels "new" rather than like home. I think being in primary is a great place to be and you get to know all the kids of the ward, which sort of helps you get to know who their families are.

I suppose if you really wanted to remedy the situation your family could start inviting other families over or start randomly serving them.

Rebekah said...

Didn't your ward already split a few year ago? If I was in a ward I enjoyed, it would be very difficult for me to adjust to that change.

Marie said...

About 6 years ago our boundaries were redrawn and we were heartbroken to be in a new ward and a new stake. It took some time but today in Sacrament meeting as people I have learned to love bore their testimonies I was noticing how many wonderful people we have come to know and that this ward really is home now....and it didn't take the whole 6 years, I promise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...