Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Emily's reception


John and Josh helped with stringing up the paper lanterns and poms.
Emily's friends helped with the decorating, as well. I don't know how we would have finished without so many helping hands!
Mom and Denise put together the vignettes of previously-arranged flowers.
Chalkboard frames hung from the bride and groom chairs.
Each table had variations on a theme, but all had silver receptacles, book pages, and jewels in some form.
I love the succulents, moss, and pearl pins!
The finished room, prior to the guests' arrival.
Everyone left to change into their party clothes and Jessie and I were the only ones there when the guests started to arrive, so we hurriedly arranged some flowers on the cake. It was kind of a stressful job.
Sarah looks so much like teenage Denise, it blows my mind. (She made that darling necklace! And now I want one just like it.)

Mom and Jessie
Cutting the cake. The top layer was chocolate/peanut butter, so we made sure that we were right on hand to get a piece!
A sweet goodbye to Grandpa. Now that he lives in Texas with Lee and Linda, it's hard to know when we will see him again, which made saying goodbye very emotional for us all.

Johnny had a few parting words for his niece.
I love couple walking away photos. So bittersweet.

The cleaning aftermath!

It was definitely time to take off our shoes. Obviously.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, it so much work to put on a reception! Everything turned out beautifully, but man oh man.

Rachelle said...

Breathtaking! I *love* the use of old book pages. Your family has such great style.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh my goodness, how beautiful. I've been waiting to see pictures on your blog. I figured with your mom and Denise behind it it would be incredible and it was! My goodness they have beautiful style.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...