Thursday, August 27, 2009

more progress

Yesterday was not a great, productive day. Eva woke up in the night and woke up early for the day, which left me tired and grumpy -- not the ideal start. My visiting teachers came and stayed for an hour. Then we went out to lunch with Marc's parents which was fun, but, you know, not productive. After that, I got locked out of my house and had to kill time by running some errands. I was so tired I had to go to bed at 9:30.

But today -- oh ho, today! -- Jill took Eva (and Lucas) for the day and I again found my super-productive mojo. (Incidentally, Jill called last night and offered and I was hemming and hawing, thinking I didn't really need the help and surely she had better things to do with her day. But by the time she came this morning I had come around to the beauty of the plan and was blessing her name. When will I learn??)

More items checked off my list:
  • went to the dollar store and bought treats and stuff for the (10 hour) airplane ride
  • called Old Navy customer service and found out that, contrary to what the store employees told me, they do not make jeans in 28x32. We will wait and look for some in France, where more people are super-skinny
  • went to the bank
  • bought pink thread just in case I have time to make the skirt for Eva (thanks for the tips on the Gymboree one, but it wasn't what I was envisioning)
  • returned a pair of shoes I bought for Eva that she refuses to wear
  • started boxing up clothes that I will not be taking with us
  • cleaned the oven, the stove, the microwave, and the toaster oven
  • totally cleaned the rest of the kitchen
  • totally cleaned the bathrooms
  • bought some of my favorite lipliner
  • mopped
  • took the vacuum cleaner to the repair shop
  • **talked to the principal of Electronic High School and she resolved our problems and answered all my questions!! This is HUGE!**
So, I'm feeling really good right now, thanks in large part to Jill. The Relief Society president called me today to see if I needed any help, and I could honestly say I was doing fine! This is unprecedented, people (in a pre-Paris crunch time).

I realized that one reason I'm able to get so much done and not be so stressed is that, unlike the last time we were preparing to go on Study Abroad, I did not just have knee surgery! I am not bedridden, I am not in pain, and I can move about freely. Such a blessing.

My reward for crossing so many things off my list is: Creative Friday!

14 comments:

Kristy said...

Jill saves the day again! You have such a great friendship where you seem to anticipate each other's needs and act in generosity and thoughtfulness. I'm glad that you're feeling prepared and ready for France!

Susan said...

I am blessing Jill as well. All mothers hope for a best friend like her for their daughters!!

Thanks, dear Jill.

Sounds like a super rewarding day.
I'm feeling better! Of course, you are too!

Natasha said...

Oh I know what it's like to have a child who won't sleep! It's not as bad as your situation, but Griffin and I were up at 3:30 this morning watching a Pippi Longstocking DVD (his pick).
Sounds like you are getting lots done though!

Unknown said...

i'm thinking i need a trip to Paris to inspire me to totally clean my kitchen!!

your progress updates are a breath of fresh air to me, for some reason. and hearing how your friends are offering help is wonderful!

Jill said...

Wow, you were on fire! I'm so thrilled for you because I know the joy of super productive days like that. I'm also happy that your knees are in good shape this time around!

Amy said...

I must be living vicariously becuse your marked-off to-do's are definitely giving me satisfaction. I'm excited to also vicariously enjoy Paris!

jenn said...

Sounds like the perfect reward for so much accomplished!

Amy said...

Wow--what progress!! Thank goodness for Jill and her invaluable help in aiding you cross things off your to do list. Have a great creative Friday!

Melinda said...

You did get so much done! I love that. Sorry about the no sleep. That is the worst.

Claire said...

Wooo Hoo!

crystal said...

You must've burned 154,793,268 calories. At least.

Je suis jalouse.

(I was trying to say I'm jealous from what I can remember from my long-ago college French. LONG. AGO.)

everything pink! said...

ohh la la!

was the lipliner 666 from wet and wild?

electronic high school - hey that has the same logo as East High from High School musical so if they want to wear any school gear to feel like they are at school you can just go to the disney store and pick up some costumes.... heee heee i am cracking myself up.

you go girl!

Bond Girl 007 said...

where do they sell wet and wild....I can't find it anymore, good thing for my good stash of666 that i've had for years, but I am at a loss, don't know where to find it anymore....help!

You know being able to be pain free, is a HUGE HUGE HUGE difference, I am soo blessed because I have not had hill pain, for a whole year....yoga has really really helped me here, I've been meaning to write a post about it, it is truly proundly changed my life....for the good....tell you more about, it.
love.
claudia

Rebekah said...

I am so impressed that you can keep up this much momentum over a period of days and in spite of any momentary interruptions. It's got to be a mom thing. My motivation usually doesn't stay alive past sundown.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...