Thursday, December 08, 2011

a good sign

My relationship with Eva definitely has its ups and downs. Sometimes she is just so difficult. A lot of whining. A lot of attitude. Even screaming. I try to keep my cool, to be loving yet firm. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes she can't seem to stand me. (And sometimes the feeling is kind of mutual.)

So I hold on to the good times. And when I find something like this note she left for me on the porch, my heart is glad.

Here is what it says:

What to teach me: fun crafts, how to plant seeds and how to make a riethe!!!! (wreath)


This tells me that she still loves me, she wants to be with me, and she wants to learn from me. And I am hopeful that everything is going to be okay.

3 comments:

Jill said...

That is so cute! Thank heaven for the softer side!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh Michelle, how I remember butting heads with a five year old, six year old, seven year old . . . all the way up to eighteen year old!

Hang in there. She does love you. (I remember when Cali put a sign on her bedroom door that her mother was for sale [much like a yard sale sign]. She wasn't teasing :) It is worth it. I'm glad you took a photo of that note to remind you through the years what her heart really wants even when her mouth and eyes don't say it.

Unknown said...

Way too cute!

What prompted her to post it on the front walk?! Just hang in there.You can do it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...