I particularly loved President Uchtdorf's talk. He has such a way of speaking with humor and directness. You really feel that he understands us, and tells it like it is. He is real and uplifting at the same time.
5 things it would be wise not to forget:
1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.
- God is fully aware that we are not perfect. It is part of our mortal experience to have weaknesses, and He wants to help us turn all our weaknesses into strengths.
- Be compassionate and patient with yourself.
- Celebrate all of the small successes in your life and in your family. Our journey toward perfection is long and we should celebrate every small step along the way.
2. Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.
- Some sacrifices are better than others.
- Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?
3. Forget not to be happy now.
- Many people today are waiting for their golden ticket—that magical thing they think will ensure their future happiness. It could be a certain job, a dream home, a fervently-desired blessing. If we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could fail to notice the beautiful forget-me-nots that are all around us.
- The happiest people are those who notice and celebrate the beauty and wonder of everyday life.
4. Forget not the "why" of the gospel.
- We sometimes view the gospel as a list of obligations to fit into our already busy lives. The gospel of Jesus Christ is not an obligation—it is a pathway to happiness. It should cease to be a burden and instead become a delight.
- Seek out the beauty and majesty of the why—it transforms our small acts of obedience into larger acts of consecration.
5. Forget not that the Lord loves you.
- No matter how dark your days, no matter how insignificant you may feel, you are not forgotten. You are loved by the king of heaven and of earth.
- You are closer to heaven than you suppose.
I loved this meeting. I felt inspired, strengthened, and uplifted. This was just the appetizer. I can't wait for the full meal next weekend!!