- We need to renew our faith daily.
- The Lord loves us enough not to give us everything we ask for, but rather what we need in order to grow.
- God can calm the raging storms, but sometimes he lets the storms rage and calms us instead.
- Our pain is to help us to become more Christlike and to be able to serve and care for others.
- If we listen carefully, he will tell us what we should do. If we follow these promptings, we will be prepared to withstand the challenges we face. Each trial is dedicated to our refinement.
- Our backgrounds are as varied as our hairstyles. One thing we share in common is that we all shoulder great responsibilities. When we have faith in Christ, we are enabled to bear our responsibilities. He can shape the back to bear the burden.
- No matter who you are, no matter what your experience, the eyes of the Lord are upon you.
- We may not be called to do one great act, but rather consistent small acts of service – to act as the Savior would do.
- We don't know what life is going to bring us, but the Lord knows. Look to him.
- **If our lives are centered in Jesus Christ, nothing can ever go permanently wrong. But if they are not, nothing can ever go permanently right.** (I believe this with all my heart.)
- Righteous women rise above personal disasters by strengthening their faith.
- The world's greatest champion of women and womanhood is Jesus Christ. (This was so powerful to me.)
- Every woman who stands for truth and righteousness diminishes the power of evil.
- Every woman who makes and keeps sacred covenants becomes an instrument in the hands of God.
- Satan's plan is to get you so preoccupied by the distractions of the world that you forget what you were sent here to do.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
On Tuesday night, I was able to attend a stake Relief Society meeting called Women of Faith in Jesus Christ. There were several musical numbers and several speakers, all centered on the Savior and increasing our faith in him. It was a wonderful night, and I am so glad that I went.