Monday, December 13, 2010
1. There is lots of snow on the mountains, but none down here in the valley. And it has been in the 40s!
2. Sunday finery – I had morning meetings, and we had tithing settlement at 10:00.
3. Little Christmas trees make me happy, and Marc and I share an affinity for the off-white ones.
4. a bowl of clementines on the table
5. Lucas was sick in bed all day with a fever. (It's sad how many of my 12ths included sickness!)
6. The last cookie from a new recipe I tried. If you are a fan of salty & sweet, you have to try these! The pretzels are a genius addition.
7. I wanted to get a picture of Eva in her new fancy outfit, but she changed so fast after church that I missed my opportunity. (She was happy to pose in her casual clothes.)
8. Max playing Christmas carols from A Classical Christmas, a cool book that sets carols in classical pieces. (I realized that a lot of my 12ths have piano photos, as well.)
9. the scripture advent calendar from The Friend (thanks, Jess!)
10. the remains of the newspapers after I culled the coupons
11. #12 of the stocking advent, a highly anticipated part of the day.
12. I finished my book club book! sniff.
It was thoroughly enjoyable participating in 12 on the 12th all year. As I looked back over my collages for the year, I noticed some trends: sickness, piano, nature, recipes, books. Well, 4 out of 5 are some of my favorite things...