Wednesday, December 15, 2010

lights on Temple Square

Last weekend we walked from Marc's parents' condo down the hill to see the lights at Temple Square. We hadn't done this for several years! Every other time I had gone to see the Christmas lights, it was absolutely freezing, the kind of cold that makes it hard to enjoy anything. Since we've been having unseasonably warm weather, we didn't even need hats and gloves. So pleasant.

Without a flash, this picture of Bob & Mim came out kind of blurry, but I still like it. They are such sweet people.

Christmas lights are the only thing I can think of that would make the Salt Lake temple even prettier than it usually is.


Eva, modeling her new super-warm, Eskimo-like coat.

I love to see the temple.

The only drawback was the huge number of people on Temple Square! So many people were there enjoying the season that it was really hard to stay together and find each other when we inevitably got separated. I did run into one of my former young women, however!

I was utterly captivated by these floating candle-like orbs.



I love the way the windows are outlined with lights.


Bob and Mim took us out to dinner at Blue Lemon, which I've been wanting to try for ages. It was delicious. Mim had gotten a gift card for her birthday and spent it on us! They are always so generous.

My knee was really bothering me, making it difficult to even walk, so I had to cut my visit short. I was disappointed that I didn't get to see/take pictures of the luminaries. We did get a family picture while on Temple Square, but since it's on Marc's camera, I may never see it...

There's nothing quite so festive as lots and lots of twinkly lights!

9 comments:

Claire said...

So lovely!
I have a goal to see Temple Square at Christmas time at some point in my life.
Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

I love all the lights at Temple Square and think going there is a great tradition. It has always been really cold when we've gone too, so this sounds much more comfortable.

Hooray for a family photo being taken! Make sure you get it from Marc!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I do love your photo journeys. I get to see things that I wouldn't otherwise get to see . . . like the lights on temple square this year. Thank you for taking the time and camera to do this for the rest of us. It is very much appreciated.

Marie said...

beautiful!

patsy said...

These pictures are simply gorgeous!

What a great night!

linda said...

Those pictures ar beautiful. I guess because I never see your children in person, I was surprised to see how much Eva looks like Lucas, especially in this picture, wearing her new chic coat!

Charlotte said...

I'm sad I couldn't see the lights this year. It's one of my favorite things about Utah.

And I love love love Eva's eskimo coat.

Jennifer said...

Your photos are amazing! Can we add camera lessons to the list of things I want to learn from you?! Lights are my favorite part of Christmas and the floating orbs in the reflection pool just might be my favorite photo!

-jenn (I don't know why I'm signed in as Jennifer and can't figure out how to fix it. Not that I don't like my name, I just don't know if it is confusing to you.)

Rebekah said...

These photos are gorgeous! So, so gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...