Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas windows

Paris's department stores have their Christmas displays up now, so of course we had to go check them out.

First stop, Galeries Lafayette.


I got a kick out of the knitted turkey. Especially funny since I've never heard of French people cooking a whole turkey.

Everything glitter. We decided they must have spray glitter in order to get such coverage. Brown glitter, love it!

Eva was totally excited and was running from one window to the next.

I took this picture to show Jessie the stuffed dolls.

Mom and Marc admiring... I can't remember what.

I loved these jars of blue candy! (Even though I am opposed to eating blue foods as a matter of principle.)

Check out these pink wigs!

Apparently they are unisex pink wigs.

And speaking of pink, how adorable is that bright pink piece of furniture?! Love.

Then on to Printemps.

Dad is always happy to find something to photograph.

While the Galeries Lafayette displays were geared toward children, the Printemps windows were more sophisticated. Anyone need a blue feather coat?

Definitely the first time I've seen a bear that you could have on a satin ribbon leash.

Not to mention the first fish skeleton rendered in crystals I've seen...

A one-horse open sleigh with furs and glam accessories...

And a croquembouche made out of stuffed macarons!

A great Monday night activity for all ages, and a fun way to start off the Christmas season.

9 comments:

rebecca said...

Happy Thanksgiving in Paris!
I am thankful for your dreamy posts these past few weeks!

Elizabeth said...

I have wonderful memories of looking in those windows as a little girl!

Amanda said...

Absolutely amazing! This makes me want to take a trip down to NYC to see the window displays.

How in the world did you take such great shots without a flash reflection in the glass?

Michelle said...

A crystal fish skeleton? What the?! I think my favorite part is just the lights on the outside. I am so happy your parents are with you!

Rebekah said...

I think the outside lights are my favorite as well. That town is just amazing.

Susan said...

Very glamorous, indeed!

I loved being creatively stimulated and got some great ideas for my own windows.

Jill said...

What a beautiful and festive outing, I wish we had places like these to see!

Kelly said...

Yes, the store window pictures and the aquarium pictures both need photography tutorials!

Beautiful details. Somehow the phrase "unisex pink wigs" just cracked me up. That might bring you some weird googlers. :)

Bond Girl 007 said...

ohhhhh sooooo magical seriously! I love the cupboards pink with the russian dolls.......ahhhhhhhh magic magic magic that is what christmas is all about.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...