Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday thoughts

Max was ordained to the office of Teacher today. I am so proud of my boy.

Before the ordination, the bishop pointed out how blessed Max is to have a worthy father to perform it. I was glad he brought that to our attention. Eva even managed to be completely reverent during the very nice blessing that Marc gave.

Marc's parents came early and attended the class that Marc taught and the one that I taught. After the ordination, they went back to Salt Lake to attend their branch, and then came back to Orem for Max's family birthday party! How's that for a show of support??

It was a great day for our family.

9 comments:

Claire said...

congradulations :)

Natasha said...

Sounds like a day worthy of celebration!

Rebekah said...

oh, if i have children i want to have at least one boy! he is on that fast track express now to more and more gospel achievements. it's so exciting!

patsy said...

wow-
before you know it he will be blessing the sacrament!

what a great family to go to such lengths to be supportive- I love that :)

Michelle said...

I look at the great picture of Marc and Max and all I can think is, "HOLY COW! Is Max as tall as Marc?" Max is a great person!!

Susan said...

I hate to say it, but it appears that Max is taller than Marc! I am proud of Max,love the tie and can only remember one statement that you made when one of your classmates was ordained a teacher.."He may be ordained to a teacher,but he will ALWAYS be a deacon!!

It's a happy day to finished with being a deacon! Go for it Max. Many righteous years to go!

I feel very tender towards him right now. (even if he does shave...)

Jill said...

Wow, I hadn't even thought about Max's advancement that would come along with his birthday.

Bob and Mim are truly remarkable people! How wonderfully supportive of them to be there for your lessons and for Max's ordination, and then drive back again for the party!

Miranda said...

What a lovely family you have Michelle!

Bond Girl 007 said...

wow...teacher....you are proud rightly so! great family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...