Saturday, March 03, 2007

good mail, good day!

Today is looking like it's going to be a good day! No more throwing up, we got some more prescription cough syrup, so Eva actually slept pretty well last night, the sun is out, the snow is melting, and all 3 kids are playing outside right now. Sweet.

Like Melanie, I have a date with my washer and dryer today. I also cleaned the kitchen, and got Eva to help me clean up her disastrous room (toys and books everywhere). There is nothing that I absolutely have to do today, so anything goes. Things are definitely looking up.

I got these cute thank you cards from Hannah and Pam this week. I honestly can't believe Hannah is making and sending thank you cards when she has the flu and partial paralysis! She's a wonder.

Jill sent me these cards I have long been coveting but for some reason never bought for myself. And York vanilla mints, which I thought were no longer available! I love these. You've gotta love Jill's adorable cards and labels, and the color coordination going on there.

Natasha sent me an early birthday card, because she thinks birthday months should be celebrated, a bookmark, and a Barnes & Noble gift card! I couldn't have been more surprised or pleased. And I think she might be onto something with the birthday month idea, I wonder if that would keep me from the last-minute birthday scramble?

And now a couple of questions:

1. Does anyone else use NetNewsWire Lite for RSS subscriptions? I have tried several services, Amy H. recommended this one, and I have been really happy with it until recently. Now it is (seemingly randomly) turning some of my subscriptions into untitled sources. It's especially annoying because I have so many that I can't remember which ones they are! I have to go through everyone's blogs to try to remember which ones are now missing. Argh.

2. We have stake conference tomorrow. I'm wondering if anyone has any good ideas for things to take to keep a very busy not-quite-2-year-old busy? We need some new additions to our Sunday bag of tricks.

16 comments:

Liz said...

You've got some cute good mail there Michelle! I like the idea of birthday months too!! :)

Here is what I bring in my church bag:
magna doodles
paper & pencils, crayons
magnetic dolls (I have a Dora one that came in its own suitcase thing)
file folder games
little toy cars (for Jared)
little dolls or little people
little board books
I print off some of the word searches, object finds, and dot to dots from the past issues of the Friend for my older girls, they love these
snacks

I hope this helps. I try to change it up every so often to make it new, and only let them use stuff from the church bag at church.

Melinda said...

That good mail looks so fun. The cards are really cute.

The only thing I have found that my kids, boys and girls love are these coloring book like thing from Roberts. They have them in all the charachters like Dora, My Little Ponys. You fill the pen up with water and then you can color all the pages. The best part is that when the pages dry they are clear and you use them over and over again. I only let the kids use them during church and they all love them. They are 5$ at Roberts but I used my 40% off coupon.

I also always print off all the printable at Nickjr.com and nlayhousedisney.com. I let the kids pick out which pictures they want. Good luck with it all.

amy gretchen said...

I agree too, birthdays should be celebrated all month.

I'm glad no more sickness and hope it stays that way for a very long time.

I wish I had a good idea for stake conference, but I don't. It's always difficult for my little ones. I usually just have lots of coloring book options and of course snacks. good luck.

Jordan said...

So for my two-year-old it is stickers. Stickers to stick on anything, it keeps her busy for awhile. other than that GOOD LUCK!

Kelly said...

Church bag: Stickers! I take our wooden puzzles, put the pieces in a baggie so they don't spill all over the bag.

My older kids get 1 tic tac after each talk, if they behave. They actually seem like they are paying attention more often, really I think they are just listening for the "amen" so they can have the tic tac, but their eyes are on the speaker so, hey!

Elisa said...

Miriam would play with stickers for a long time, especially if we let her put them all over herself, and us. It took her a while to get them off the sticker paper so it occupied her for awhile.

She loved the Colorwonder markers and coloring books (they don't color on anything but the special paper and only color within the lines) but I think they have inhibited her creativity. She won't color with crayons now because she goes outside of the lines. It's sad to see perfectionism in a 3 year old!

Jill said...

I'm glad Eva is on the mend and that you guys actually got some sleep last night, whew.

Today's spring-like weather was definitely a mood lifter wasn't it? I'm sure the combo of the weather, the cleaning, and the kids playing outside was fantastic.

Good luck with Stake Conference!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are going better! What a relief.

Stake Conference is so hard with little ones with that extra hour. Stickers kept my oldest entertained for hours at that age. We also have a church bag, and Liz's comment reminded me how badly it needs refreshing with different books and activities. Good luck!

carlo said...

Ohhh, I LIKE the birthday month. This would solve many things, including the "let down" after the big day passes!! Good one, Natasha...

Love your mail. So nice...Glad Eva is feeling better.

Natasha said...

I know I'm too late but maybe an idea for next time - I keep pipe cleaners in my quiet bag, like the brightly colored ones from a craft store. Griffin shapes them into people, shapes,objects, etc and they make no noise. I took this idea from another mom at church when my oldest was little and it works well.

Crystalyn said...

hope you survived stake conference today. tricky! my kids survived the first hour last week and then we were in the nursery. of course, the rs room might as well have been the nursery with all the kids in there the first hour!

happy good mail! glad things are looking up.

Crystalyn said...

forgot...don't use the rss feeds but am interested in learning how. if you get it figured out i'd love to know how.

Diana said...

Glad things are looking up for you. It's such a good feeling when your kids aren't sick anymore.
I can't really add to anyone's list.Thanks for asking though, it's given me some ideas.

Unknown said...

birthday month... i likey!

i am always trying to find something for jack to do during church. he is 'too old' for the nursery, but 'too active' to be able to sit still for an hour of church after an hour of sunday school. i am scanning your comments for ideas for the 'older set.'

Anonymous said...

What are York vanilla mints? Are they anything like buttermints? Sounds dangerous! I'm trying to be back on track with WWpoints this week! I brought a baked yam for lunch. Btw, Yam is a really cute new color I have used lately for a bathroom for the rug-cutter, aptly named by Denise!
Tata,

everything pink! said...

dang i wish i would have read this sooner, bring a little mini dvd player with her favorite movie and headphones, i bet she will sit there the whole time.



i hope you think that is as funny as i do...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...