Friday, March 02, 2007

a show! a show!

This has been Eva's constant refrain. She was throwing up again all day yesterday, for unknown reasons. We couldn't go anywhere, couldn't do anything, so we sat on the couch together and watched shows. I honestly don't know how she could still be saying "a show! a show!" by evening, we had gone through her whole repertoire of Nick Jr. shows on our DVR.

Luckily, the boys came home from school, and Marc even came home from work early so I would be able to teach my piano lessons without worrying about whether Lucas could handle the sick girl. He's pretty good with her, though.


Lucas and Eva playing computer games on nickjr.com.

Eva woke up every 1/2 hour last night, like clockwork, from the time she went to bed until the time she got up. What's up with that? I am really looking forward to a time when all of the children in our house sleep through the night. I know that time is out there, somewhere, in our future.

No more throwing up today, but now she has a runny nose, a cough, and impetigo -- again!! What in the world? She did go down for a nap just now -- in her bed -- so I'm off to enjoy some quality alone time...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is just not right- not right at all. I don't get how things can be going so well, then out of nowhere one of your kiddos is full-on sick. I feel for Eva but more for you. Hang in there- I hope the throwing up is through and that she sleeps better tonight. You need a sleep vacation and an illness vacation and a punch card for the doctor. Thinking of you.

amy gretchen said...

I'm so sorry that she's sick again. Just when you think your back to normal she is at it again. I hope it is quick this time and that no one else gets it. Also sorry that it interfered with creative friday with Jill. What a bummer.

Jill said...

I don't even know what I can say that I haven't said a million times already. Get out your frequent visit copay card and be on your way. Good luck my friend!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, Oh Michelle! I saw your comment yesterday on Jill's blog that Eva was throwing up again. It is just so dreadful when they get sick again. I hope it is short lived. I don't know how they can take those shows over and over again, either. But, we have certainly watched our fair share of them in the last few weeks. And impetigo again? Avery had that a couple of weeks ago. It's one of those words you always hear, but never know what it is. And then you wish you didn't know what it was.

I'm wishing you happy thoughts and speedy healing. Oh, and a restful sleep for you and Eva.

Diana said...

So Sorry that Eva is sick. I hope it doesn't last too long this time.

Jordan said...

Enough, enough! You feel like yelling it, I'm sure. So sorry for you both. Hopefully this really is the last round of the season.

Melinda said...

It just isn't fair! throwing up again. That is one of the worst things ever! Will there be any releif in sight? Sorry you have to go through that again. Spring just needs to get here.

jenny said...

Blog it out girl. As many have said what in the?? I can't believe your house has such bad luck with sickies. I really do feel for you. One day of throw up is bad enough, but multiple days and sleepless nights. Not fun! Hang in there and I hope tomorrow is better for you!

melanie said...

It should be illegal for kids to get sick again once we think they are better. So sorry Eva is down for the count right now. Hang in there!

carlo said...

oh michelle, what a day. I hope eva is feeling better.

everything pink! said...

i am sticking to my mold theory

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...