Sunday, February 05, 2006
faith
I got to attend Relief Society today! The last time was about three weeks ago. Our lesson was about faith. The teacher made a diagram of a faith cycle that I really liked. I only wish I had a scanner or knew how to show it to you. I guess I'll just have to describe it. It starts out with FAITH or the desire to have faith, which leads to TRUTH and our efforts to study/learn, which then leads to greater OBEDIENCE and a refining of our characters, which finally leads to EVIDENCE, which can manifest itself in peace, comfort, or other blessings. Finally, it goes back around to an increase in FAITH, only now our faith is greater, so the circle is enlarged. Pretty cool, huh? Also, a couple of other thoughts: Our faith also grows by remembering what the Lord has done for us and for others. We cannot be given superior blessings without a trial of our faith to prove us. (this last was paraphrased from Brigham Young) I guess the difficult thing is that often righteous decisions and actions have long-term rewards rather than immediate benefits, so we have to have faith that those rewards will come in time. I always think that I have faith, but I was reminded today that faith is a principle of action. Since I so often don't act on what I know I need to, maybe I don't have as much faith as I thought... so many things to work on to improve myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I think we all have more faith than we think we do. Perhaps we tend to focus on the areas we know we need to work on, but don't even recognize the areas that have become easy for us. Perhaps thinking about past trials in our lives and how we came through them would show evidence of our increased faith (I love the faith circle idea--you could draw it and then take a picture of it to show us). I love our Sunday thoughts and think it's cool that we have an outlet to share them.
I literally can't remember the last time I went to all three meetings. Bella never makes it that long. However I really liked yours and Jill's messages- I almost feel like I went! :)
Thanks Michelle, I tend to think of faith as my easy thing that I come by naturally but I need to "act" on it more strengthen it. I am going to try to recreate your circle of faith I love that idea of our circle growing.
Grandma and I have committed to uniting and increasing our faith together-it's very strenthening,comforting and bonding. I love it and it makes me love her even more. Join us. I loved your circle and had to draw it out so I could put it in my scriptures to study each day. I love you.
Post a Comment