Sunday, June 15, 2014

Musée d'Orsay

 One night while Lisa and Sam were visiting, Max and Lisa and I went to the Musée d'Orsay. We went on Thursday night and it was delightfully crowd-free!

I'm a huge fan of their logo. Obviously.

Sadly, they no longer allow photography in the museum, but I couldn't resist a few stealth shots. Like these cows. They were in what Max refers to as "the cow room."

I love these giant clocks!

I think the garland lights are the coolest.

I love the building of the Musée d'Orsay just as much as the art it contains.

A favorite painting I first remember seeing with Jill.

I think it's so cool how this sculpture goes outside the bounds, so to speak.

Such a brilliant idea to turn this former train station into a museum.

view from one of the windows

We stayed until closing time (9:30) and as we walked back, we saw the sun setting through the Grand Palais.

We walked along the Seine and discovered that this stretch is really hopping at night!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love everything about that museum! Gorgeous photos. I'm so glad you got to go without the complaining girl in tow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...