Monday, May 26, 2014

Sacré Coeur

Marc's parents came to visit last week. They were troopers and came to church with us! On Monday we went to Sacré Coeur.

I found out that, surprisingly, they had never been there in all the times they have visited us in Paris.

You get some great views of the city up there.


It is so interesting to me the way these big tourist attraction cathedrals are still working churches. You can see people waiting in chairs for confession, or sitting in the pews and praying. Even with the tourists making an effort to be quiet, it still seems like it would be hard to concentrate.



It was a perfect day.




I enjoy seeing artists at work.


Max really doesn't enjoy going to Sacré Coeur - I told him he would never have to go again! - but I think it is beautiful. I just have no desire to venture down to the Moulin Rouge.

2 comments:

Jill said...

I was very put off by being a tourist mulling around a functioning church, it seemed so disrespectful!

jenn said...

I told you already, I didn't love walking in Sacre-Coeur. But it IS a beautiful day. A beautiful area. And you took beautiful pictures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...