Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Our week at Waikoloa part I

Our niece Michelle. (There are a lot of Michelles in our family.) Can you believe she has three children?
A long shot of most of us in the lagoon.
Grandma chatting with Eva before dinner.

Lisa is a grandmother to three, yet has her own one-year-old, Sophia!
Cousins have fun even if they're just hanging around chatting.


(How Lucas could stand to wear jeans, a sweatshirt, and a hat is a complete mystery to me. I, of course, was a sweaty mess the entire time.)
Michelle with her two darlings, Nicole and Kristen.
We actually got a family picture! A true rarity around here. (Jill extracted a promise.)
I love this photo.





One day when we were all at the lagoon, some people approached us and said that they had been watching our family (not in a creepy way!). They had a family pass for as many rental items as they wanted for the week, and they offered us paddleboards, kayaks, etc. when they weren't using them. So nice! The rentals were expensive, so we had been sticking to snorkeling and swimming. Everyone was thrilled, and even Grandma and Grandpa gave it a whirl.




This is the card you put outside your door if you want to be undisturbed. I thought it was a nice touch.
Lucas and Sam in one of the resort's many pools. (Six, if I'm not mistaken.) Lucas decided that he wasn't having any fun if he wasn't with his cousins.
Reading by the pool! I didn't get to do it as much as I had hoped, but I enjoyed every minute.
Another pool. Tied with the lagoon for the kids' favorite. They even have a shallow sand pool for younger kids! (Eva loved not having to wear her lifejacket.)
I was sitting by the pool with Michelle, reading. Nicole came over to get her book out of the beach bag, and at first I thought they were sharing a library book! I wondered how that was working out, and then I realized that they both had a copy. Cracked me up.
Rob and Lisa's family. (Oops! I caught some of you eating! Sorry about that.) These are the generous benefactors that took us all on the trip of a lifetime. How do you say thank you for something like that??

All of Rob's side of the family. We also got a photo with Lisa's side added to the group, but I don't have a copy of that one. All together, it was nearly 40 people that they brought on this amazing vacation!

1 comment:

Jill said...

There really are a lot of Michelles in the family.

It's disturbing that youngest Michelle has 3 children!

That place looks so amazing! It's kind of crazy you got to do this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...