Thursday, September 08, 2011

before & after



Today I decided to tackle the monstrosity that is my bedside table. Periodically, I go through and organize the books in the basket, but it seems that in no time, it looks like this:


Blech.

I decided to swap out the bedside table for a really cute little cart that Marc bought recently at D.I. for $3.00.

I had originally planned to spray-paint it with the same bright green paint we used for the frames above our bed, but when I brought it up to our bedroom, I discovered that I loved it just the way it was! (But I did spend about 45 minutes scrubbing it down.)

Like just about every other project I ever embark on, this one took much longer than I anticipated.


But it is finished and it makes me happy!

I wonder how long it will look like this?

(terrible photos due to terrible lighting in our room, but... I had to show the results anyway!)

p.s. Eva saw my old table in the hallway and said, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?!" I knew what she was thinking, alright. I moved it in next to her bed (she has been pining after a bedside table). The scale is off for her room, but it is there for now and she is thrilled.

7 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love the personality in this post! I also love the cart. It is little wonder to me now how you have so many books on Goodreads. You are a student.

Jill said...

Woohoo for organizing something you see everyday!! I love projects like this, they give me such a boost! I'm always bugged with myself that I let it get out of control.

It's funny that Eva said, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Unknown said...

I love thrifty finds, and i LOVE repurposing items in other rooms. it's like a two-for-one deal!!

decluttering makes me so happy :)

Unknown said...

That's what I'm talking about! Go Mark!!! $3.00 finds are the best!

Michelle, I'm so excited to tell you that I bought my first DSLR today. I'm liking grinning ear to ear and the battery won't charge fast enough. I hope to someday take amazing photos just like you...and maybe even in PARIS!!!

You Rock!

Miranda said...

That cart is fantastic! Good job Marc for the awesome find and good job you for the awesome organizing!

Sarah W. said...

I know how you feel. I have so many books in my bookshelf, it would take days to sort through it all.

patsy said...

I love it!
Hooray for EVa getting a side table out of the whole process too.

You amaze me with your reading abilities! I just can't stay focused-- or something??

Nothing feels better than finishing a project you've been meaning to get to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...