Saturday, July 09, 2011
Today is Jill's 40th birthday.
Like me, she had some trepidation about turning 40, but then became reconciled to it as her birthday approached.
40 things about Jill:
1. She is a working girl now! (but thankfully, she has the summer off)
2. She discovered that she actually likes math!
3. Now that her iron deficiency is resolved, she no longer craves pebble ice (it's rather a shame).
4. She favors hot pink nail polish for her toes.
5. She kicked the need for ambien (impressive!).
6. She figured out a way to not hate her current calling on the R.S. activities committee (way to speak up!).
7. She really, really wants a new computer.
8. She really, really wants to be able to access her iTunes library.
9. And her good mail labels. And mailing list.
10. She wears a pedometer to keep track of her daily steps.
11. She goes on daily walks.
12. She gets frustrated when her Goodreads widget doesn't update the number of books she's read this year.
13. She (still) gets embarrassed by people singing and acting in plays.
14. She hires Whitney to keep Eva entertained during Creative Fridays!
15. She loves a good rainstorm.
16. She craves a trip to the beach. (Or Paris.)
17. She worries that her camera is not long for this world (unacceptable).
18. She adores fresh flowers.
19. She is not too keen on getting attached to any more hamsters.
20. She works to banish negative thought patterns.
21. She enjoys listening to podcasts.
22. She enjoys Carnation Instant Breakfast.
23. She wishes the U.S. Postal Service would issue gift cards – they would be her favorite type.
24. She has adorable children.
25. She is a great aunt.
26. She values creativity.
27. She loves being in nature.
28. She can't stand overhead lighting.
29. She can always make me laugh.
30. She is the only person I know who appreciates breezes as much as I do.
31. She is serious about self-improvement.
32. She likes watermelon, but dislikes cutting it up.
33. She is very tender-hearted.
34. She loves going to the movies.
35. She always has a spotlessly clean house (man, I wish I could say the same).
36. She lives very frugally.
37. She is one of the most generous people I know.
38. She is the best friend you could ever have.
39. She is absolutely dedicated to living the gospel.
40. She is bound to have a wonderful year!
Love you, Jill.