Wednesday, July 13, 2011

12 on the 12th | July


1. Lucas, all set to go to Scout Camp.
2. a big pile of camping gear
3. pack goats!! (14 of them)
4. I came home and read for awhile, then fell asleep. Eva played Polly Pockets.
5. Vanilla cream pie for Jill (we were celebrating her birthday a few days late).
6. Jill and I walked in during the previews and it was really dark. We climbed over the people on the end, only to discover that there were no seats in between! What the?
7. We saw Jane Eyre and both liked it. It's a better story than I remembered, and strangely, both of us had forgotten the ending!
8. Because of the timing, we ended up eating lunch/dinner at 5:00, after the movie. (It was an early bird kind of day.) I hadn't eaten all day and was famished. We went to Cheesecake Factory for some carb heaven.
9. Our desserts, which we ate some of and then had to bring home. We were both overly full when we left.
10. Jill's gifts.
11. I had originally planned on giving her finery for her 40th, but then she told me awhile ago she was giving up on finery, so I resorted to postage and envelopes (a safe bet).
12. I started reading Little House on the Prairie with Eva!

12 comments:

kylee said...

cheesecake factory is indeed carb heaven. oh gosh my mouth is watering just thinking of that place. have you had their red velvet cheesecake? to die for.

Charlotte said...

That looks like a heavenly day! I love birthday celebrations. And I love that you took a picture of the pack goats.

Love your grid!

Jill said...

The pack goats are so funny, I'm interested to hear how they worked out and how they affected the boys' week.

It's fun that my birthday outing fell on the 12th! Thanks for the fun day, the pie, the gifts and everything!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I do love your pictures of 12, and I'm so glad you and Eva are making the Little House journey. Little House in the Big Woods was my favorite as a little girl...I loved Little Town on the Prairie and these Happy Golden Years, oh heck. I love them all.

The Dayleys said...

I love love love the cheesecake factory!! Your pie looks mighty delicious as well. What a lovely 12 this month :)

Miranda said...

PAAAAACK GOOOOOOATS!

I'm glad you and Jill had such a great day. Has Jill really given up on finery? That seems like a bummer...but maybe very sensible...I wonder if I'll ever give up on finery.

Kimberlee said...

Wait so, did the pack goats go with the boys on scout camp? And I can't wait to read Little House with my little girl. It just seems like the right thing to do.

{natalie} said...

i love the stack of colorful envelopes.

how does eva like little house so far? i still have a few years to go i think before add will be ready.

those pack goats are weird/crazy.

rmt said...

Only you could make pack goats look adorable!

I forgot all about the Jane Eyre movie! I loved the book when I read it. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie.

Ah...Little House on the Prairie. A a favorite book I will never get to read with Daniel (sniff.)

Rebekah said...

My sister took her kids to the Ingall's homestead on their way to see my grandma in South Dakota last summer. They stayed in covered wagons and participated in all of the traditional frontier activities. I was so jealous! I loved those books. I'm grateful that she took the time to recreate her childhood through those books.

Given up on finery? Hmm. I don't know how I feel about that.

jt said...

I still want pack goats!
What type of finery?
I'm not at all surprised that you both forgot the ending. Par for the course.

Unknown said...

At first glance, and after a long day on my feet all day, carrying almost double weight in jewelry, I think...I thought Lucas was a little Chinese man!

I also want to know what kind of finery...and I want to go see Jane Eyre.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...