Wednesday, February 23, 2011

100th day

Last week I was able to go help in Eva's class for their 100th day party. I love kindergartners. They're like Beehives – so much enthusiasm for ... well, everything!

They're pretty much adorable.

My job was to help groups of kids assemble a 100-piece puzzle. Anytime I go to the school, I am struck by the wide range of strengths and abilities. Those teachers sure have their work cut out for them.

I find it completely endearing the way Eva loves for me to be there with her. (Is it possible for that to be an enduring characteristic??)

One of the girls came up to me and asked me if I am really a queen, like Eva says. I solemnly nodded my assent. (Yay! Lucas's propaganda is working!!)

Even during the chaos of getting ready to leave, her teacher seems cool and collected.

On the way out, Eva showed me pictures of the Dads & Dinosaur Day earlier this year, another one of the best days of her life. Kindergarten rocks.

6 comments:

Susan said...

I still remember my kindergarten year, my teacher, and loving my ever so pretty mother visiting. That was pretty rare, as we had one car and lived quite a ways from the school.

Those photos are endearing, indeed! I can imagine that Eva is quite a colorful addition to the class!

Claire said...

I wish every grade of school was like kindergarten. It was the best year of my scholastic life.

Melinda said...

My kids ask when I will be able to come in and help. I must admit, I don't look forward to it. I don't do well. I will go because they want me to and I want to make them happy, but if I am being honest, I am not looking forward to it. It is surprising how much I don't enjoy other people's kids. I think that is why I have been in a Primary Pres for the last 10 years. I haven't learned what I am supposed to with this.

shannon said...

We had our 100th day recently, but we didn't have anything special like you guys did. Our school district is pretty lame about encouraging parents to come in for non-holiday parties...

Kindergarten is such a cute age. They really are so sweet and innocent still...

I'm transfixed by that girl's hair in the second picture down...Holy moly! How long did that mom spend on her hair? Who's got that kind of time?! It sure is pretty, though...

I'm with you about being in constant awe about the kindergarten teacher's strengths and abilities to manage as much as they do and still remain cheerful!...They must just fall into bed at night!

Jill said...

I love the enthusiasm of kindergarteners! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was helping in Whitney's classroom on 100s day and yet I just came home from watching her in the 4th grade play...sigh.

Kim Sue said...

carly always loved for me to be there (well maybe she still loves for me to be there) but always ignored me when I was there :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...