First, some lows:
- Both of my grandmothers died, within a couple of months of each other. A devastating loss.
- I sprained my foot in July, and it hasn't healed properly. I still can't wear most of my shoes and it hurts frequently.
- Jill got a job. I know it seems as if maybe this shouldn't be on my list of lows, but it has impacted me negatively. (How's that for selfish?)
- My knees are about as bad as they've ever been. Chronic pain is hard to deal with.
- Depression has been threatening to overcome me for quite some time. I'm pushing through, but it just requires so much effort.
And now for the highs:
- I learned more about grief. As it turns out, I can survive the thing I thought I could not survive, with the help of the Savior. He and His atonement mean more to me now than ever before. Plus, it's kind of nice knowing that you have someone rooting for you on the other side.
- I learned more about accepting help. It's humbling to not be able to do things for myself, and when people step in to take up the slack, I just feel utterly rescued.
- I was able once again to attend Women's Conference with Jill and Kristi and be strengthened in so many ways.
- I went on some really great trips – Seattle with the family, North Carolina with my kids and parents and siblings, and Denver for Charlotte's wedding.
- I discovered a new, non-surgical treatment option for my knees. I have been waiting with great excitement for the new year to begin so that I can give it a try!
Right now, I'm feeling a little bit like I've been beaten up. I've taken some knocks, but I'm on my feet. I have a lot of work to do. But I have high hopes for 2011, and that's a good feeling.