More notes from Time Out for Women, this time from a talk by Amanda Dickson:
- Get your hopes up!
- It may involve disappointment and pain, but there is no way in this life to avoid that in any case.
- Great things happen where hope is not kept safely in check.
- Our brains seem to go to the worst-case scenario. But the best thing may happen! We assume we won't like the worst thing. But sometimes the worst thing can be the best thing. We give too much power to the worst thing.
- Change is inevitable, yet we don't usually like change very much. Is there anything we like about change? Yes – there is an energy in change, a renewal.
- When we change our hair or buy a new outfit, we are building skills, so we will be better prepared for bigger changes that will come.
- We tend to withhold our gifts from the world, because we don't think they're good enough.
Your best is good enough.
- Be the change you want to see in the world. – Gandhi
Doesn't this seem like the best time of the year to get your hopes up??