Saturday, June 12, 2010

road to recovery


Today I think I can finally say that I am on the road to recovery. Yesterday was the first day I didn't feel like I had to stay in bed all day (not that I've been able to). Today is the first day my coughing has diminished. I finally feel like I might get back to normal sometime in the near future.

After 2 Z-Packs, 3 packages of cough drops, 1/2 jar of (generic) Vicks, many many puffs on my inhaler, a couple of boxes of Puffs, 2 bottles of Nyquil, and 3 1/2 books, I'm getting better. Whew!

p.s. Thanks for all of the kind emails and inquiries I received in the last couple of weeks.

11 comments:

Melinda said...

I am so sorry you have been so sick! How frustrating! I hope you have a quick recovery.

jenn said...

HOORAY! Even little improvements are great when you are suffering from pneumonia! Continue on this road sweet friend!

emily said...

It's made me blue to know that you've been so down and out. I hope that your recovery keeps on coming!

Miss you and love you

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Hooray. The road to health is oiled with vicks isn't it? I hated the stuff as a kid, it made being sick so much worse.

How were the books?

I'm glad you're feeling stronger.

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, what a photo! I'm so glad you're finally on the mend, this has been quite a long illness really and just too cruel this time of year.

crystal said...

I've been so sad to read about you being sick--poor Michelle. Thank GOODNESS for modern medicine and, well, modern drugs. Can you imagine an illness such as this threatening your life?!?

Get ALL THE WAY better soon, my friend.
xoxo

Denise said...

I hate it that you've been so sick! And I hate it that I was not one of the kind people sending email and goodmail your way. I've been thinking of you and am glad you're finally on the mend.

Susan said...

Thanks for a tiny bit of a good report.

Try to take it easy...I know this is a total wish list!

amy gretchen said...

oh my! I'm so glad your feeling better and on the road to recovery.

Bond Girl 007 said...

yeah! I think you are doing much better by now!

Rebekah said...

Each time I get sick I hope that I'll be prescribed this 'Z-pack' of which you have spoken. No dice yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...