Friday, January 11, 2008

Five for Friday

1. My mom sent me this silicone rolling pin for Christmas. (Eva has a mini version she uses with her play-doh.) It rocks! I used it when making my baked brie, and also for crescent rolls, and it does not stick!

2. My Pink Christmas gift(s) arrived yesterday! A tote bag with a gigantic, lower-case "m" monogram, a cute, monogrammed travel mug, and a list pad. It looks like Natalie did some serious sleuthing to see what I like -- thanks, Natalie!

3. I got this good mail from Jill this week -- a big stack of new white washcloths celebrating my FlyLady ways and shining my sink. Sadly, my FlyLady ways have slipped a bit, but this is good motivation to get back!

4. Eva has returned (somewhat) to napping! After her behavior deteriorated drastically as a result of being chronically tired, I put her in her bed a few days ago. She slept for 3 hours! Now we're back to a daily naptime. She tells me without fail that she doesn't want a nap, and sometimes she cries. She doesn't always go to sleep, but she is always in a better mood when I get her up. Hooray!

5. Today was Creative Friday, and I started writing my Christmas thank you notes. Look how many cards Jill sent! (16) Pretty great.

11 comments:

Tasha said...

That pink Christmas gift is to die for! Love the good mail from jil! I need new washcloths in the worst way!

Anonymous said...

As always--so jealous of your Creative Fridays with Jill!

Jill said...

I'm so happy that Eva has returned to napping, it's so necessary and just doesn't make any sense not to do it. Hooray!

That silicone rolling pin looks fabulous, I wonder if I would actually be able to make pie crust if I had one of those.

I'm glad you liked the washcloths, I thought they were such an aesthetically pleasing stack and just had to be for you since you've done so well with your Fly Lady ways.

I'm smitten with the image of the 16 cards I wrote today, how satisfying! Thanks for taking the picture and for being an excellent hostess.

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of a rolling pin like that...I want one! Where did she get it? I was rolling out cookie dough this week and swearing under my breath- cookies shouldn't make you do that!

The washcloths are cool- I love interesting good mail.

Hooray for napping! Why they fight it I will NEVER understand. I love to sleep too much.

And 16 cards is awesome. I am almost done with my Christmas thank yous- hooray!

patsy said...

Your pink Christmas gift is so awesome!
Back to napping- you are so lucky! She definately has a strong will- that's a good thing right!?

Anonymous said...

Back to napping, what a gift! Yea, Eva.

Your Pink Christmas gift was worth the wait -- so cute!

I have a silicone rolling pin, too, and I love it. I find I'm much more willing to make things that require rolling now. It was always a frustration before.

Natasha said...

Now I will have to Google that silicone rolling pin - I want one!

So strange that kids don't want naps when adults would kill for them.

Natasha said...

Ouch, maybe not - I just Googled the rolling pin and it is $50 at Williams Sonoma.
That is one nice mom you have.

Amy said...

I am so glad your Pink Christmas gift showed up! It looks adorable!

Amie said...

I am intrigued by the rolling pin. I probably need one.

I need to do something... maybe I should look into FlyLady more seriously.

Barb said...

I use a marble rolling pin that I can chill in the fridge to prevent sticking, but I'm intrigued by the silicone rolling pin.
Horray for naps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...