Saturday, December 16, 2006

a sympathetic forum

I have been crazy busy this week, with no time to post to my blog, let alone read anyone else's. Bummer. But I just have to report on this interesting tidbit I saw on Nightline during one of my late late nights: a website called naturallycurly.com. I haven't had a chance to check it out, but apparently it's like a virtual support group for those of us with the bane of naturally curly hair. (Amie, maybe you should look into it!) I guess people share styling tips, products, and just generally commiserate with others who suffer from frizziness and too much volume. I love it! Finally, someone who understands my pain!

p.s. I went to Hannah's last night for an all-night project marathon, and she said my hair doesn't look like a failed straightening attempt, and that it looks like beach hair! (just what I was going for...) I don't know if I'm convinced, but I do know that Hannah doesn't pull any punches, so I have to say I feel a little better about it.

p.s.s. Thanks to those of you who have emailed me asking if I'm alright since I've been missing in action so long! I am fine, I have just been staying up till 3:00 a.m. every night and working every second of the day that I can squeeze it in. Eva is getting all 4 of her incisors in simultaneously and has been a screaming, back-arching Klingon, so I'm only getting stuff done when she's asleep (thus the late nights, and last night's all-nighter). I'm still nowhere near being ready to ship my gifts, and I haven't even had time to put my cards in their envelopes and put on the stamps! Needless to say, I'm really not feeling the Christmas spirit yet. Will I even get a chance this year? Bah humbug.

9 comments:

Jill said...

I'm feeling badly, like I should have blogged for you this week, but I kept thinking you were going to update and I didn't want to be controlling.

What's up with Eva getting incisors at Christmas time? That's just not fair.

Your Christmas projects are amazing so I know all these late nights will be worth it. You may have slurred speech and stunted growth, but hey it's Christmas.

jenny said...

Good news about your hair. Hopefully you will have some luck with it.

My sweet Weston has been turning into I fear my terrible two. He is getting his insisors as well. I can't wait to see your what I am sure is amazing projects.

I have been feeling bah humbugish to. My husband is on call every third night therefore single parenting. Kuddos who do it because quite frankly i CAN'T!

Jordan said...

How old is Eva, maybe that's what my Lucy (21 months) is going through--aargh! Glad to have you bakc.

melanie said...

I'm glad you're back too! You were definitely missed!

Teething is never good and never welcome around Christmas! Sorry you are having to deal with that and all the projects! I hope you post your projects too because I know they will wow us!

Anonymous said...

You crack me up with your hair issues- glad you are feeling a little better about it. And you are totally right- if asked, and I thought otherwise, I would have totally told you if I thought your hair looked bad. Instead I still am somewhat envious.

I hope Eva at least let you nap yesterday and that last night you were able to go to bed early. Teething irritates me.

Anonymous said...

Michelle--I found you! I noticed a darling Pink Christmas gift that you had wrapped on your blog...and it matches the one I got in the mail! Thank you, thank you. It looks so classy under our tree. How very, very kind of you, thank you.

Sorry to hear about your hair...our daughter, Ande, struggles with curly hair (I love it though) and depending on the day it is a blessing or a bane. Good luck with yours!

everything pink! said...

Michelle, welcome back; have missed you! feel your project pain but Know at the same time it wouldn't be Christmas if I went and bought everythingat the store. my caution is just don't get sick!

jenn said...

I am like Dr. Jekell and Mr. Hyde at my house- totally loving the Christmas lights and music then cursing everything about Christmas and all the obligations and projects...
why the hell do work parties have to be in December? When I have a company, we are having a summer luau. Spend the holiday with your family dang it!

Sorry about the teething- every one of my five kids got teeth on Christmas!

Have I mentioned how much I love it when you make Star Trek references! I don't feel like a total geek if YOU know what a Klingon is by name and temperament!

Anonymous said...

Please, please post your projects! You seem so creative. Would love to see them. Oh, AFTER the holidays, of course!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...