Monday, November 27, 2006

it's Christmas time


We spent much of the weekend putting up Christmas decorations. On Saturday, after my cub scouts meeting (ugh!), we went to Target to get lights. Incidentally, we get new lights every year, our lights never seem to last. But NO MORE! We got a little tool that tells you if the lights are loose, burned out, or if you need to replace the fuse. So hopefully we won't be buying lights again for a long time. But I digress.... we got a different kind of lights this time, pearl button lights, and they are so cute! You can't really tell from the photo just how cute they are, but we are all quite smitten with them.


We also had an impromptu Christmas card photo session. Eva was most uncooperative, and by the time we were finished, Marc and I were both a little frazzled. We haven't even had a chance to look them over yet to see if we got anything good!

After Eva went down for a much-needed nap, Max and Lucas set up the Christmas tree in their room. It was so fun to watch them decorate it all by themselves, and to see how excited they were about all the ornaments. Max tries to rein Lucas in -- he doesn't want to use ALL the ornaments and have the tree as full as it can be -- Lucas wants to cram them all on. So after a certain point, Max tells him any ornaments he adds have to be on the back side!

Right when I was going to take pictures of them trimming the tree, my camera batteries died. No problem, I have a backup set charged at the ready. But when I put them in the camera, it just made a funny clicking noise. I was really worried it was broken, but it turns out that the batteries lost their charge for some reason. I charged all the batteries and now it works again, but I missed my photo opportunity!

Yesterday afternoon I brought up all the boxes of ornaments for the big tree and the kids helped to put them on. They got out the step-stool to reach the higher portions, and Eva immediately claimed it as her own, much to the boys' dismay. She was quite intrigued with the whole process, and I'm not sure how easy it will be to keep her away from the ornaments this year. She kept exclaiming: "a ball! a ball!" and trying to take things off the tree...

I started feeling sick on Saturday afternoon (sore throat, pounding head, earache) and went to bed at 9:00. Then I woke up at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't sleep for some reason. So I spent about 2 hours on the computer and then went back to bed, but could never find my peaceful slumber. I got up for awhile, then went back to bed at 9:30 a.m. Marc took the kids to church and I rested, which really helped me to feel better. He sent me to rest when he finally got home from church and I didn't mean to, but I fell asleep at 8:00! I woke up at midnight and here I am on the computer again. My circadian rhythms are seriously messed up. I'm going to try to go back to sleep now, because I have to get back to my normal routine tomorrow.

13 comments:

everything pink! said...

i hope you feel better soon.

we put the lights on our tree yesterday too, but wish i would have had that little tool. we ended up throwing a bunch away and i will head out to target to get some more today.

i bet your tree is so beautiful, i would love to see a full shot of how it looks.

i hope you feel better...

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better today- glad Marc stepped in and let you get the sleep you needed.

Love the idea that your boys have their own tree- that is a great idea.

I can't wait to see pictures too!

Liz said...

I'm sorry your feeling sick again. Hopefully getting some rest will cure you!

It sure is fun to see your CHristmas tree up and decorated. So fun! I think we will do that this weekend.

Jill said...

No wonder you were commenting at 3:43am. I wondered what was going on with you.

Your house is always so beautiful at Christmas time. Now I'm intrigued by your new lights. I hope Eva can resist the urge to pull the ornaments off the tree. I can't wait to see the results of your Christmas card photo shoot.

I hope you're not getting all the way sick. I'm so glad you got to be home by yourself to rest yesterday.

Tasha said...

I hate when my sleep schedule gets messed up!

I hope the sickness doesn't last and that you feel better soon!

Julia said...

I hope you feel better soon.

I am a little jealous of all of you, and your great Christmas decorations. I will need to check out those cool little bulbs.

amy gretchen said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Your photos are great. I bet your tree is amazing. I would love to see of full shot of it.

My girls have their own tree as well. It's very cute with pink, cream, and lt purple glittery ornaments. I love it. Actually I don't know what we're going to do this year because they're not sharing a room anymore. Maybe we'll just put it in the basement.

jenny said...

Ooo. I hope you feel better, your sickness sounds yuck. Photo sessions are always drama with our family. I am seriously amazed we ever get a good enough one to send out. They are beyond stressful. Love the pictures of the tree...it looks beautiful.

charlotte said...

Sorry about being sick and the wacked-out sleeping schedule--not fun! We put up all our Christmas decorations too and I love it! I'll post later today and definitely post pictures--I love Thanksgiving because it officially signifies the beginning of the holiday season!!

Diana said...

Get better soon, I have a bad sore throat too, that I got from your sister!
I love the picture of the tree. I love that it's Christmas time.

melanie said...

I have never left a family photo session NOT frazzled. I swear can't the kids just humor me and cooperate just one year? At least Eva gets the excuse of being so little still. Mine get so silly I want pull my hair out! Ugh we are going to try to do it this weekend.

I am on the same messed up sleep schedule. The other night it was 3:30 before I could get tired enough to sleep! I need to figure out a way to get normal again before the holidays! It might be too late...

Crystalyn said...

i was wondering about that 4 a.m. post! no wonder! hope you're feeling better. your tree looks beautiful!

Amie said...

I had noticed that a had a 4 am comment from you and wondered what was up.

We have yet to decorate for Christmas. The kids are dying to get it done. Maybe we will have to get started today.

I want to go to Target and see the cute button lights.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...