Friday, October 27, 2006

Halloween program

Last night we went to the boys' school to watch the 2nd grade Halloween program. They've been practicing for it for two months and Lucas has been sooooo excited about it. I couldn't imagine what would take as much practice as they have put into it. It ended up being the cutest program, which lasted about 40 minutes, included many songs, jokes, theatrical interpretations, and even a slide show where they showed drawings the children had made to illustrate a poem.

our view of much of the performance

some of the witches, primping for their entrance

Lucas, surrounded by skeletons

The witches, ghosts, and goblins, all terrified by a fictitious little sister who was throwing a tantrum!

the skeletons doing their glow-in-the-dark number

I was really impressed with the scope of their project and I could see why Lucas had been so excited! It was a thoroughly enjoyable night.

9 comments:

jenny said...

What a neat thing to do at a school. I wish ours would do something like that. Love all the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great program. It's fun to watch the kids be excited about something isn't it?

Laurie said...

Great costumes! I love the photos.

Jill said...

I'm always impressed and slightly bewildered when teachers take on big projects like this, why is it that all I ever see is the potential hassle rather than the potential cuteness? I'm glad it was a good evening and I'm glad you got out of going to Pack Meeting.

Amy said...

That must have been the cutest thing to watch! Sorry that you had to look at somebody's video camera most of the time. Maybe they'd make you a copy of their tape. . .?

Amie said...

I love when school things turn out well. I loved when I felt like the kids made good use of ALL the time they spent at school!

amy gretchen said...

Looks like a great evening. I think its cool how excited Lucas was. I just love things like this with my kids.

Liz said...

What a super fun idea! Looks like the kids had a blast!

Diana said...

All the kids look so cute in their costumes. It gets me so excited for Halloween!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...