Tuesday, October 17, 2006

feverish dream

The other night when I was suffering from chills and fever, I had a strange dream. I was with Jill, and apparently our book club had just made the spontaneous decision to go on a trip together to New York. Given my always precarious financial situation, I was unsure how I was going to swing it. But we had already bought our tickets and then suddenly we were on our way! I literally had no money in my wallet, only a credit card with a questionable balance. I couldn't believe I was doing it -- I'm don't generally have much spontaneity in my life -- but Jill seemed totally unconcerned.

The funny thing is that in my dream I had just read on Anne's blog about her going to New York and I was wishing I could go do all those great New York things. (I haven't been to New York since I was 19!) I was marveling to Jill that here I had just been envying Anne and now we were going to be able to see all the sights and eat all that good food and do some serious good shopping (on credit, I guess). I wonder if it was foreshadowing to our book club reunion in Paris?

9 comments:

Jill said...

I enjoy your feverish dreams and I love it that I was unconcerned in this one, and you were the one freaking out a bit. I like to think I'd be unconcered, but we know the truth don't we?

Anonymous said...

I love dreams like that and love to imagine actually doing said things. I really do hope they all end up in Paris with you- that would be the best book club get together ever.

Anonymous said...

I think a trip to NYC would be just grand. You could all(the entire book club) spend the night at home! Give me alittle warning and I'll have everything ready! Miss and love you.

jenny said...

Interesting dream. It sounds great to me and that would be so fun with all you book club gals to go.

Don't you ever wonder why we dream up things like that sometimes? I would die to go to New York. I have never been!

Amy said...

I like your dream! I'm so tired these days a nice little getaway without my kids would seem like paradise! Great shopping, food, friends, and a nice queit room to sleep in in. I think your fever was telling you something.

Tasha said...

I'll meet you in NYC anytime! Just tell me when!
T

Alison said...

Annnd your favorite New York blogger (well, I'm at least in the top 5 of your NYC bloggers, right?) would love it if you were here.

Diana said...

I love your dream, it is so funny and so real. I always have dreams where I am so nervous about what I am doing or where I am doing things I'd never do in real life.

I too hope they all make it to Paris.

Bond Girl 007 said...

well it doesn't have to be a dream...only...especially since NYC could be a possible STOP before you arrive in Paris...do not totally dismiss it yet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...