Monday, October 16, 2006

etc.

More of what I've been up to lately...

Jessie gave Eva some plastic necklaces from Wal*Mart. She now has to be wearing at least one of them at all times -- she gets upset when I make her take them off at bedtime. She also found these swim goggles of Lucas's and apparently her ensemble is not complete until the goggles are upon her head. It's a good look.

Amy & Kaitlin sent good mail to my kids! They were all quite thrilled to get their own little Halloween bags. Max brought in the mail exclaiming, "Mom! I got first class mail! What's first class mail?" It was high excitement, let me tell you.

On Saturday I got this good mail from Jana. A fun pen and pencil, I love the cards and I had never even seen these jeweled brads! But my favorite part was the cute paper flowers that say October Cosmos -- totally different from any of my other flowers and so fun. And now I know that she was this close to having her baby, too! What a woman.

I sorted through tons more kids' clothes and made two trips to Kid to Kid (they will only accept 3 bags at a time). I'm always amazed by some of the things that they don't take. I'm listing a bunch of stuff on ebay to see if anyone wants it. These are just the clothes I'm taking to D.I.!

Finally, I guess all it takes to make Eva happy is to give her a lollipop and let her walk around outside. (Well, that or hook her up with an episode of Blue's Clues.) If only I could let her do those things all day long...

10 comments:

jenny said...

Fun good mail. My kids too were excited about Kaitlin's little Halloween packages. That was so sweet of her and it sounds like it was in mass production! And amazing that Jana sent some too--she is definitely a WOMAN!

Your little Eva is a doll.

Bond Girl 007 said...

That picture of Eva looks sooo cute! I agree with hooking them up with "their favorite things" It is funny a soon as I say "VAMONOS" or "Allons Y" Jorvik immediately goes to the front door and starts to try and open it...they could be outside ALL DAY LONG...I used to be like that...I used to dread having to get inside my home.!!

Lori said...

Eva looks so cute.

Diana said...

Eva is adorable. It's always nice to find something that always makes them happy. I'm so envious of people with yards. I can't wait to have one too.

How incredible that Jana sent you good mail being that pregnant. She sounds like a great friend.

charlotte said...

I love Eva's pictures! Also, I think that the goggle look is a keeper. When I was little I'd clomp around in Mom and Dad's shoes with a snug puffy jacket on complete with aviator goggles--that my friend was the beginning of my fashion conscious life. Those were the days! Oh and Halloween packages are always fun surprises!

Amy said...

I especially like Eva's goggles on the head look. It's great! She's such a funny kid. I wish I knew her better.

I'm glad your kids liked their Halloween treats. Isn't Jana out of control? Kaitlin got a package from her, too on Saturday. That's one stinking day before she was going to have a baby! Which means she was at the post office on Thursday or Friday mailing things. Talk about utilizing every last second of time you have.

Jill said...

It's fun to see the day-to-day stuff that goes on around your house. Eva is always cute so adding the necklaces from Jessie is just that much cuter. I love the addition of the swim goggles.

I was a witness to Max bringing in the First Class Mail from Kaitlin and thought that was very funny.

I hope you score huge with all the clothing you're selling on ebay.

I say Dum Dum suckers are the way to a kid's heart and a guarantee for making them be quiet. It's like $6 for a bag of 500 at Costco and they don't go bad so I'd stash them in your purse, your glove box, your kitchen, and anywhere else they might be needed.

Anonymous said...

Way cute pictures of Eva. Especially with the goggles!! She could start a fashion thing.

everything pink! said...

people in this world dont' wear enough yellow. little eva looks darling in it!
love that photo.
good mail good times.

Anonymous said...

Okay Michelle, I want Eva's jacket. Seriously, that is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...