
Since my overall weight loss goal is terribly overwhelming, I've taken a page out of Al Roker's book and have set my first goal as follows: Lose 20 pounds by March 14. I heard him saying that that was his goal on the Today show and thought, "I want to lose 20 pounds too! March 14 is my birthday. How cool would it be if I could lose 20 pounds by my birthday?" Anyway, I decided to go for it. So I made this little book to keep track of everything I eat and the results of my Monday weigh-ins. I did weigh myself this morning and I stayed the same as last week, which I guess is a blessing after I pigged out at the book club fondue feast and ate Thai food and Mexican take-out as well. Still. I started on January 5, so I've been working at it for a little over 3 weeks now and my total loss is only 4 pounds (I gained one week). At this rate, it's not looking so good to get to 20 by March 14, but I will keep trying! I'll keep you posted, as I'm sure you're dying to know! : )

8 comments:
You can do it! It's the cutest food journal and surely that will make keeping track much easier.
You go girl! (I can't believe I wrote that phrase.)
I am constantly having to remind myself how much more I prefer the feeling of being hungry to the feeling of not fitting into my jeans! It's a very good perspective. Cool journal!
Jill told me about the VERY cute journal. I am also "trying", the points counting method. Seven Peaks will be here all too soon AGAIN! I am glad you broke the weight loss barrier on the blog, I have debated but then if I fail again do I want to have written proof???!! Too late now...good luck to you!
Amie, Seven Peaks is a definite motivator for me! I keep thinking, wouldn't it be nice to be 30 or 40 pounds lighter when I have to get into that bathing suit this year? It will still be humiliating, of course, but I would like for it to be a little less so...
I am just getting concerned that the fat swimsuit won't fit this year! I really need to be 30lbs less...to start with! I'd love to hear any great tips you have!
Go, go, go! You can do it. Don't be discouraged by the setbacks--there's always next week to do better. Do you have a reward system in place? If so what's your reward?
No I don't have a reward system. Any ideas?
Post a Comment