Monday, June 23, 2014

Musée Marmottan

On the way to the Musée Marmottan, you pass this statue of La Fontaine and one of his fables - the fox and the crow - come to life. Well, not really to life, of course. More of a visual representation. I love it.


We had to wait in line for half an hour. I have never seen a line at this museum before! I swear, Paris was just more crowded this time around, to my dismay.

This small museum was created in a private residence. I love it when you can see art in a location where the surroundings themselves are beautiful as well.


quite a lovely hallway

This cracked us up because it was entitled "Fear of the Dog." What a fearsome creature!

I took this photo for my mom. Who knew they had pink animal print fabric in the 19th century?


I am always drawn to this kind of translucent floor/ceiling where you can see people walking around.

I am partial to boy cellists.


This trompe l'oeil stole my heart.


A work of Caillebotte, an artist I admire.

The whole basement is dedicated to works by Monet, largely his later works. I read on the placard that this was a painting of his home in Giverny. I had to back up to the other side of the room to see it! How do you paint something close up that you have to back up to see properly? It's mystifying.

I love this version of the Japanese bridge. It was one of Lucas's favorites as well. (I never thought Lucas would be having favorite paintings! Success.)

Enjoying the cool walk through Paris's tree-lined streets.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Everything is beautiful (except long lines of course).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...