Sunday, June 01, 2014

Napoleon's tomb


After visiting the Musée de l'Armée, we walked around to view Napoleon's tomb, which, strangely, I don't think I had ever seen before.

The last time we were here, my boys visited the tomb with their Aunt Michelle and Nicole and Kristen. Michelle's sunglasses fell as she leaned over, crashing down below. We took a moment to laugh about that (she can laugh about it now, too).

looking up at the dome of Les Invalides

I am utterly in love with this window.

the tomb from the lower level

one of the many statues flanking the tomb

This photo does not even begin to show how tall these doors are. 

a rare self-portrait with the kids - and everyone is smiling!!

I always love the cone trees.

After a successful outing, we made our way home. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

Are you sure Eva is smiling in that self-portrait? Ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...