Monday, August 20, 2012

12 on the 12th | August



This month, I only did 9 on the 12th! I was so busy with sharing time at church and Lucas's family birthday celebration that I didn't take enough pictures. Argh.

1. Lucas requested oatmeal rolls, corn on the cob, watermelon, and peanut butter chocolate cake for his birthday dinner. I was unsure how to supplement these requests for the rest of us, who actually enjoy protein and vegetables, so I looked on my blog for his birthday dinner last year. He made the same requests! So I went with last year's menu and made pulled pork and green green salad to round it all out. I put the pork in the crockpot the night before, to ensure that it would have enough time to fully cook and be soft and shreddable. (I actually hate doing that, because the smell of the meat cooking woke me up at 5am.)
2. After church. I was trying to get a picture of Lucas hanging out, checking Facebook, and he was not having it. This is his, "Are you serious?! no more pictures!" face. (His hand is wrapped due to an injury he sustained playing football with Landon.)
3. I spent the majority of the day in the kitchen. This is me wearing my Grandma's darling yellow apron.
4. Marc and Eva were sorting through things in her room to donate! Hallelujah!
5. Michelle brought watermelon. Lucas prefers it in wedges. (Not me, I like it cubed.)
6. By the time everyone was here and we were eating dinner, Lucas was in a much better mood. (Sundays are rough for him. He always gets headaches for some reason.)
7. Bob and Mim provided the corn on the cob. Delicious.
8. Lucas blowing out his 13 candles. It cracks me up that it looks like Kristen is helping him blow.
9. Even after loading and running the dishwasher, there were still a plethora of goblets and plates to wash. Parties generate so many dishes!

2 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

I love the picture of you in your yellow apron.

You're so good to celebrate with real dishes. Parties DO generate a lot of dishes, don't they?

Charlotte said...

I just can't believe how grown up Lucas is getting. It blows my mind! That dinner sounds delicious, by the way. Just delicious.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...