Sunday, November 13, 2011
1. Snow was in the forecast, but fortunately it was just rainy and cold.
2. Cold enough to require fingerless gloves when I was painting in the garage!
3. My current batch of 5 cupboard doors received their polyurethane coat.
4. I kind of wish I had taken a "before" picture of this job. It took me 2.5 hours to sort through the piles of paperwork that had accumulated on the counter!
5. Jill had been texting me throughout the morning to give me updates on Landon. The poor guy had a bad fall at a campout — this email was notifying me that he broke his elbow! (They spent the day at InstaCare and at Primary Children's Hospital, and he ended up having surgery last night!)
6. Marc strongly suggested that I take a break from painting. (Apparently my painting frustration is making me difficult to be around?) I read for awhile and had a little nap. Glorious.
7. Then I resumed painting. I've been watching (listening to) The Sing-Off while I do my interior painting. I've always been an a cappella fan.
8. The last section of upper cabinets got their polyurethane coat! Whew.
9. Grandma and Grandpa brought Eva back from her ultimate grandparent date of going to Disney on Ice! They also bought her a light-up tiara and an Ariel necklace. Best day ever.
10. Lucas came back from our neighbors' house, where he had evidently helped them to make applesauce, and they sent a bottle for us. (Why does he never help with kitchen projects here?!) It was still warm and very delicious.
11. I went out to get some balloons and treats for Landon.
12. Lucas in his T-birds jacket. We've been seeing that jacket a lot around here! He went to Max's high school for a bonus performance of 3 of the songs from Grease.