Friday, August 26, 2011

Creative Friday



Not only did we have Creative Friday after school on Monday, but we also had an out of town guest! Our blogging friend Rebekah was visiting Utah, and we invited her to join us.

I just love Rebekah. She is funny, and she is real. Best of all, she leaves the most insightful comments ever. On top of all that, she has an unbelievable memory!

I went out to meet them when they arrived. Rebekah was holding large Sonic drinks in both hands. I told her she had lipstick on her teeth, but of course, she had no hands available for wiping it off, so I wiped it off for her. Oh dear. I fear she may never return now that I've touched her teeth...

We barraged her with questions to fill in the gaps in blogging. I hope we didn't scare her. Also, I am coveting her maxi dress. Big time.

Marc joined us to chat for awhile.

On an unrelated note, I think we're all a little jealous of Lucas's birthday haul of iTunes cards.

I worked on my back to school dinner printables and then I taught Rebekah how to make paper flowers.

She, too, makes cuter ones than mine. Apparently everyone does.

I showed them the colors I have selected for painting our walls, kitchen cabinets, and piano. I have a lot of ambition now that the kids are in school. (I haven't started anything yet, but I'm trying to gather my courage.)

I made banana chocolate chip muffins since I had lots of ripe bananas. Jill doesn't like them, so fortunately she had Reese's pieces on hand.

Jill prepped several birthday good mail items. Sadly, I have not sent any birthday good mail in months! (largely because I am out of ideas...)

Jill is borrowing the saw that my dad bought to cut down large limbs and small trees. For days, I have been giggling whenever I think of this sight. We have lent and borrowed many things between us, but a saw is a first.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

What's not to love about banana choc chip?!

Fun to meet up with another blogger.

Your labels crack me up...

Kim Sue said...

your paper flowers are on my project list!

Charlotte said...

I can't tell you how much I'd love to crash one of your Creative Fridays. So much.

And on a birthday present from a friend she included paper flowers made out of old sheet music--genius! So cute.

Unknown said...

Pass on a tutorial for the paper flowers...unless you already did! Then remind me...

I'm still putting it out there that I want some of them for my next gift.

Fun Friday. And Jill, to boot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...