1. Eva made this card to give to her teacher. The glitter glue was taking way too long to dry, and she wanted to write her holiday message. I told her she would just have to wait, to avoid ruining the picture. Instead of listening to me, she turned the card around and wrote her words upside down! What the? She showed me.
2. We made a batch of Rolo turtles the other day. Apparently these have become an essential part of Christmas for my kids. I'm partial to the ones with pecans myself, which is surprising when you know how much I love m&ms.
3. This is a terrible photo (taken at night), but when I took Max to get a haircut, I turned and saw this dog sitting in the driver's seat of the car next to us! I did a double take, then totally started laughing. When we came back to our car, this one was gone and Eva said, "maybe the dog drove home!"
4. I was waiting for Max to finish his cello lesson and realized that I could zoom in and see him working with his teacher. The Christmas tree, the picture of the temple, the classical music... I love this scene.
5. On Tuesday, Eva got to go to school with Landon. (Seventh graders bring a young child to school and do activities with them for an hour and a half.) She was so excited to go to the junior high and said, "I love Jill's kids. She has really nice kids. They don't boss me around." Okay, then. (For the record, she does have really nice kids.)
I ended up going to Starbucks (for the first time ever!). I ordered a salted caramel hot chocolate and sat and prepped my Christmas lesson for YW while I sipped. I also talked to Jessie on the phone. I'm not going to lie, it was a pretty great way to spend the time before I had to go back and pick up Eva.