Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Friday flânerie, part II

We walked across to the Jardin des Tuileries and alternately wandered, took pictures, and sat and talked. It was pleasantly cool -- perfect, really.

We saw this one-man band in the underground passage.

Funny how at home, dead leaves on the ground mean raking and sweeping. Here, they are just picturesque.


Doesn't Jill look cute with her new scarf?

I don't know if you can see the spiderweb, but I thought it was cool.


Those cymbal-like things in the pond make tinkling sounds when people throw pebbles at them.


Tuileries self-portrait



We found we were hungry (after all of that sitting and strolling) and stopped at an outdoor café right in the Tuileries.

We ordered crêpes and hot chocolate and Jill discovered that she likes crêpes! I was excited, as I love them, and Jill has always said she didn't. Too bad we didn't find this out sooner so we could have more of them...

I love this picture of Jill sipping.

I love that it's cold enough for hot chocolate!

I didn't know there was a sailboat pond in the Tuileries -- I love watching kids push these old boats with their sticks.

We eventually found our way up to the twin raised garden across from the one we discovered the previous Friday. Equally delightful!


After the sun went down, we got chilly and looked for a bus.

Jill wanted to see the Champs-Elysées by night, but just as we got to the end of it, the bus made a left turn! It's like the buses were conspiring against us, or providing anti-bus propaganda or something.

We were tired enough that we decided to just head home, since we were going that direction anyway. We walked in around 8:00, which meant that we had been gone around 10 hours, and we knew Claudia would be proud!

9 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

It's like you just soak everything up Michelle. You just experience it for what it is.

I think the cymbal pond is a great idea.

jenn said...

Definitely my idea of a perfect day- just wandering...

Rebekah said...

I think these are some of your best pictures ever.

I want a symbol pond here.

April said...

Magical. If I ever go to Paris I am only going to wander...

Denise said...

Oh--for one of those magical pastries!

Kristy said...

Michelle......I look forward to looking at your new posts every day! I am so ready for a trip to Paris! I LOVE your pictures!

Michelle said...

I love all the photos of Tuilleries. I was wrapped up in it that I was surprised when one of the girls asked me a question. I thought - wait, how am I here in Salt Lake?

Bond Girl 007 said...

oH YEA! Jill eating a crepe! yeah! i am soo happy she is trying things out....I LOVE that you went out and stayed out!!!!!! yeah~, what a wonderful treat to go to soo many places and experience everything. Thank you for taking Jill and show her PARIS nobody better, I fear, if I went with her, she probably kill me, SO I think your flanerie has been perfect, one not soo busy, the other busy and a half....you should have walked the champs elyseeeee tooo! but I know, when your feet go, your mind goes as well.......hooray for going a bit more out of the box! Yeah yeah yeah, funny your last sentence!!!!! a big SMILE on my face for sure.

oh oh oh oh la la la la laaaaaaa!

Jill said...

It's hard to imagine that the 2nd half of the day could be even better than the first, but it was! Everything worked out so perfectly, we were skilled Flaneurs this day for sure!

I love that the scarf serves the added function of covering my chins. If only I were cold on a regular basis I would probably be far more attractive and have an enviable scarf collection.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...