1. Marc's home teaching companion told him that packing your nose with black tea bags helps with bloody noses. He went and got me some late Monday night. We didn't exactly know where to go from there, so we steeped a couple in hot water, squeezed them out, and I put them up my nose. I couldn't really say if it made a difference, but it did feel strangely soothing...
2. Max had a school orchestra concert last night. His teacher is over the orchestra at two neighboring junior highs, and they combined for this concert. Max was the first cellist from both schools! He even had a small solo, which I missed due to Eva being noisy and crawling all over me. Not my proudest parenting moment. Also, his teacher announced at the end of the concert that all parents were required to take their students out for ice cream. I didn't feel like I could do that right then, as I was already late to book club, so I gave him a rain check. Thanks a lot, Ms. J.! Again, I was not feeling like a very good mother.
3. The blue sky has returned and it is really feeling like spring here. (Well, spring in the high 40's, anyway. And it should hit 60 next week!) I was really interested to notice how much my spirits rose when the sun came out. I hadn't realized that I was feeling particularly down, but suddenly I was just -- happy. And energetic. Welcome back, sun.
4. I discovered this blog today and it is way cool. Not a ton of posts yet, but some very cute free downloads! http://heirloompaperie.blogspot.com
5. Hooray for haircut day! I always have to wrangle Lucas into it, as he wants to grow his hair out and I don't like it when it covers his ears. He also can't stand to have his picture taken. (before)
Eva, however, was begging for a haircut, and since her hair was getting quite long and they were having a $6.99 sale, I obliged. She is so short, the stylist found it easier to just have her stand while getting her cut... Of course, Eva talked everyone's ears off the entire time.
(after) Eva's hair still doesn't look like she got 2 inches cut off! But the boys, oh, the boys. Now they're cute again. And I could tell that even Lucas liked it.