Thursday, March 26, 2009

day from hell

I was supposed to fly to Denver today. Sadly, my flight was canceled because Denver got a major blizzard!

So you know what I did today instead? I took care of a croupy, miserable Eva. Even though I took her to the doctor yesterday and got a prednisone prescription, she is still getting worse. She was thoroughly miserable today, and she made me thoroughly miserable as well. She spent the day coughing and crying; I spent the day holding her and trying, unsuccessfully, to comfort and calm her down. There were many times today when I was ready to just sit down and wail myself. Too bad I'm the mother, so I can't get away with crap like that.

I went to put something away in her room today and found no less than 7 medicine dispensers on her dresser! That's just wrong.

We all went to a program at Lucas's school tonight, because they've been working on it for weeks and he was SO excited. Eva complained the whole time that she shouldn't have to go when she is sick. Well, tough. Sometimes it's hard being part of a family.

I have been rescheduled for a 6:30 a.m. flight tomorrow (I hope it doesn't get canceled as well!). I have spent the night packing and getting ready to go -- why are there so many many details to take care of before you go on a trip? -- and here it is, 11:20 p.m. and I'm eating a bowl of cereal because I never ate dinner. And I'm blogging because this is the first time all day I've been able to sit down and do something I wanted to do.

Tomorrow has to be better than today. It just has to.

And now, to bed, as I have to get up at 3:30!

17 comments:

Amy said...

Not fun. I just give in and wail all too often. My fingers are crossed for your flight tomorrow!

j said...

oh michelle- that sucks!!! a blizzard in late march?! what the?

i just give in and cry. i figure when they're little, you can get away with it. :) it's like a sympathetic sharing of pain. poor eva- i hope she feels better. my one bout of croup here was enough to convince me i never want to deal with it again!!!

good luck with your flight!!!

Anonymous said...

Man I am sorry. I thought for sure you were well on your way. I think knowing that you should have been gone would have made the day that much more unbearable for me.

"Too bad I'm the mother, so I can't get away with crap like that."

best.line.ever.

Rebekah said...

lessons taken from this post:

"There were many times today when I was ready to just sit down and wail myself. Too bad I'm the mother, so I can't get away with crap like that."

"Sometimes it's hard being part of a family."

i hope, i hope, i hope you're on your way to denver right now.

Liz said...

Oh what a miserable day! I sure hope you made your flight! It would be miserable to get up that early and not have a flight!!

Jill said...

I can definitely feel how hellish your day was and I'm so sorry. You must have been going crazy trying to get ready for your trip while dealing with Eva.

The though of getting up at 3:30am is also hellish, but I really hope your morning flight wasn't canceled and that the rest of your trip goes as planned.

Lucas must have been thrilled that you got to see his program after all.

I love this..."Well, tough. Sometimes it's hard being part of a family."

patsy said...

oh man-

what a day!

I heard denver got 15 inches of snow- we used to live in denver & the weather is SO unpredictable!

I hope by the time you read this you are there- & you've been there for a long while :)

jenn said...

Smotherhood is it's worst when you were supposed to be getting a much needed break from it! So sorry.

The getting away is definitely the hardest part, followed by the coming home, but it is always worth the respite. Have Fun!

emily said...

My heart hurt for you when I read that your flight was canceled. I'm so glad that you got in today, though. Have so much this weekend!

Becky said...

Oh! I so hope that as I am typing this you have already landed in Denver! What a bummer of a day for you Michelle...

Hope your weekend is better!

Loved the line: "Well, tough. Sometimes it's hard being part of a family." Amen!

Melinda said...

I hope you were able to get to Denver! That would be a nightmare.

I am so sorry about Eva. I can't believe that poor girl has so many dispensers. That is crazy. Good luck and have fun!

Laurie said...

I can relate. My baby has been sick all week and tonight I finally just bawled. It can be so hard. I hope you end up having a relaxing break!

Price Cream Parlor said...

So depressing to have your flight cancelled! I know that leaving littles at home is extra work before you leave. All the extras that need to be taken care of beforehand. I hope you made your flight and have a great time!!

melanie said...

Awful Michelle! I hope you are enjoying your time away and everyone is healthy when you get home.

(love the one liners in this post!)

rmt said...

Oh no! I can't believe your flight was cancelled! I'm so sorry.

And yes, that is just way too many medicine dispensers! Poor little girl. I hope Eva is doing better by now.

Marie said...

Poor Eva! Poor Michelle!

I hope you have a recovered daughter and a recovered flight plan ASAP!

amy gretchen said...

I'm so sorry your flight was canceled and staying home ended up being a headache. It's not fun being mom at times...good thing your break was in sight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...