Thursday, September 04, 2008

android eye

I've got it. The android eye.

It all started one day at Seven Peaks, when Amie had to leave early to go a family party. She was putting on her makeup, while Jill and I watched. She used that technique of putting on mascara where you put the wand at the base of your lashes and gently move it from side to side. I had completely forgotten about that technique! I vowed to put it to use in the near future, as I need all the eyelash help I can get.

As I was employing the aforementioned technique, my left eye started twitching. Of course, I have experienced a twitching eye before, but never like this. It was twitching from left to right -- back and forth! But wait, there's more: it's been doing it ever since. We're talking weeks now. That's when I knew I had the android eye.

It is extremely annoying to have my eye moving of its own accord, and I imagine it would be mighty disconcerting to be someone talking to me when it happens.

I wonder if android eyes ever return to their normal human form?

12 comments:

Alison said...

I hear eating bananas helps eye twitch. (the potassium) But who knows? Next time, lady, just get some fake eyelashes! I love them. And the cheapie ones at drug stores rock.

wende said...

that is so funny! i was getting ready to tell you about the bananas and potassium, but it looks like alison already knows that trick! good luck!

Liz said...

That is such a strange thing to have happen to you, and for such an extended period of time too. I've had eye twitches before, but not like you are describing! I hope you find a cure soon!

Anonymous said...

I have never had an eye twitch....could it be the bananas???

melanie said...

Twitches drive me crazy. And an eye one to boot. I hope the banana trick works!

marc said...

This explains all the bananas sitting on the kitchen counter.

Jill said...

I've had a stress-related twitching eye before (as you know) and it was brutal. I didn't feel like an android, just a bit freakish.

Denise said...

I HATE twitching eyes! I hope the bananas work.

Bond Girl 007 said...

I've had twitching eye before, but I don't know why? I will surely try to eat a banana for it. Sometimes it goes for days...

charlotte said...

Good luck with the bananas!

Anonymous said...

I have never experienced a twitching eye! My eyelid will twitch now and then, but sheesh! I hope the bananas do the trick :)

Anonymous said...

My advise, call a neurologist!

That sounds very irritating! I don't believe in the banana theory at all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...