Tuesday, August 26, 2008

spt -- altius

This is my first foray into Lelly's August challenge:

citius, altius, fortius
[faster, higher, stronger]

Jill called me today to see if I was still mired in my identity crisis. The answer is that I'm feeling much better now, thanks largely to all of your comments. It was so reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who occasionally feels this way.

Here is a sampling of things that helped me climb up out of the pit:


Elisa: I go through an identity crisis at least bi-yearly and I haven't come to terms with it.

Tasha: I often wonder though, what would they think if someone laid it all out there "I'm a little ambivalent about my choice to stay home right now, I have a deep pit of anxiety boiling up under my chin. I stress eat too much, and if I don't I find I spend too much money. Either way, I have a secret crush on the handy man, nothing I'll act on of course, but you know, he's dreamy. What's new with you?"

Wende: I guess you have to remember that interesting and important are not the same thing.

Natasha: I am definitely not bored, but don't want to become boring.

Claudia: Thanks for the reminder that the most important things we should be doing are the ones that go unnoticed by all, except US!

So, here I am, looking sheepish. I don't know why I allow myself to get dragged down like that, especially over such silly little triggers. Thanks for making sure I knew I was not alone, thanks for the laughs, and thanks for giving me such good advice. My spirits are definitely higher, and I am feeling stronger as well. Blogging saves the day again!

8 comments:

Tasha said...

We get dragged down because we want others to value us and our choices as relevant. Its human nature to want that. Don't feel sheepish, do you need Jill to come over there and smack you?

Unknown said...

i.love.this.picture!! i don't see sheepish at all. pure beauty!!

Jill said...

I love it when comments tweak my perspective in a good way like this! This is definitely one of the huge benefits of blogging! You are so not alone in your feelings and everyone has a slightly different take on things. It's a beautiful thing!

April said...

I agree wholeheartedly with Lelly...you have the world's most gorgeous SPTs. Bar none.

Amy said...

That picture of you is so fantastic, Michelle. And if self-doubt makes one sheepish, I guess we're all there. It took me many years to discover that absolutely everyone experiences such insecurity. I enjoyed everyone's comments on that post of yours as well. Such amazing friends you have surrounding you.

Anonymous said...

What a cute shot of you! I love when blogging has such validation with it and can make you feel much more 'normal' than you thought you were.

crystal said...

Wende's comment has been echoing inside my head and my spirit since I read it.

Bond Girl 007 said...

sheepish....what does that mean? I will have to go look it up...but I think I had an epiphany...on this, but at the moment i have a blackout....can't remember it, I was thinking of it all day yesterday! I have to remember.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...