Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mommy/Max date

Max and I had a date to go see Pirates 3. This is the very blurry photo I took of the poster as a theater employee was telling me that photos were not allowed. (But let's face it, blurry or not, I love that Johnny Depp, especially as a smarmy pirate.) I swear, people in France are crazy about photos. What's the big deal? I'm working on my stealth photo skills.

I had to document how much we paid for our tickets. As with most things, I can't think too much about what this translates to in dollars. Yikes!

And this is the very poor quality self-portrait we took in the low-light conditions of the theater!

We went to a cool, relatively new theater near the national library. Max was quite taken with these black entrances to each room. Since our movie ended after 11:00 (!) we were some of the last people there.

To get there, we took the newest Metro line, which has fewer stops and a longer time in-between each one. It is definitely the nicest line and even the stations are nice and new-looking. Max had never been on it before and was just smiling the whole time! He talked it up so much that now Lucas wants to go ride it, just because.

After Jill's review of the film, I wasn't expecting too much, and was therefore pleasantly surprised! We both enjoyed it, and I think it was definitely a successful mother/son date in Paris...

**I just realized I should probably specify that we did not have this date today (Sunday)! I'm just really behind on my posts.**

5 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad my poor review made it more enjoyable for you (that's what my brother said too). I wish someone would have talked it down to me!

I think it's great you and Max went on a mother/son date, it seems like Marc always gets the propaganda doesn't he? That theater looks cool and I'm so glad you're taking stealthy photos and more self-portraits, excellent work.

Natasha said...

I need to work harder on the mother/son dates too, thanks for the inspiration. I like to think I'm fairly up on the mother/daughter outings - but should focus more on outings with Griffin. It's just that his choices of activities aren't always my favorites! He has been wanting too see Shrek III but I'm not really okay with that for his age. Now you have me thinking I really need to find something just the 2 of us can do though.

Elisa said...

I love that you got to have a date with your son. Would that be something you would do if you weren't in Paris?? If not you should add that to your pro list time with the kids (since they don't have their usual friends around). Do your boys know how lucky they are to live in another country just long enough to enjoy it but then get to come back home?? What a great educational experience for them!!

Amie said...

I hadn't heard great reviews but I also haven't seen 1 or 2 (we have 1, I just never take time to sit down and watch). It sounds like you and Max had a fun night.

annalisa said...

I loved the movie. I love Johnny Depp, I love the first, and I was so excited to see the conclusion after a lackluster second.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...