Thursday, May 31, 2007

spt - what's in my purse


I've been so out of it lately -- I haven't done any of the self-portrait Tuesdays in ages. But when I saw Lelly's challenge to show what's in your purse, I knew I had to document this, even if I am a little late to the party!

I got this bag at Target specifically to bring to Paris. (Well, technically, my cousin Emily got it for me at Target. I saw her turquoise one and immediately knew I had to have it in red, my local Targets did not carry it, so she got it for me in Denver. But I digress...) All of the new clothes I got this spring were black and white. I tried to incorporate some color, I really did. But every single thing I was drawn to was black and white, I couldn't escape it. Jill told me to embrace the black & white, so that's what I did. I decided red would be my accent color. Thus the need for a big red bag that could carry all my gear:


the key to our Paris apartment and the cool new electronic tag that opens our doors (it saves me from having to remember 2 key codes)


the euros I have right now (it's the end of the month and I spent all the rest of my money taking Max to a movie last night)


a book I bought a couple of days ago on finding the best chocolate in Paris (it's an important quest) -- I keep it in my purse so I can read on our park excursions


a diaper and some wipes (so far I've never had to change a diaper while we've been out, but the wipes have come in handy for any number of messy situations -- the Metro, the sandbox, the gelato parlor, the leaky juice sipper...)


a bottle of motion sickness medicine -- I never know when I might need that for the kids -- and the cute little notebook that Hannah gave me


any number of snacks/drinks for the kids


postcards to write and my book of lists to keep track


my monthly Metro pass (Carte Orange), to which I rebelliously still have not attached the required photo


sunglasses for me and for Eva


a guide to what's happening at the Louvre right now (forgot that was in there, I need to check that out!)

Definitely a glimpse into where I am right now, literally and figuratively, and I'm glad I documented it. Thanks, Lelly!

12 comments:

Jill said...

I haven't posted this SPT yet either, but just got done taking a picture of all the crap in my purse (it was a lot).

I love seeing what people carry in their purses, so it will be fun to read all of these SPTs now that I'm coherent enough to read them. Yours is great, how fun that it's so Paris themed right now. I forgot to tell you how much I enjoy that red purse and I love all your black and white clothes.

Rebekah said...

Mmm...Haribo...

jenn said...

The red purse is SO cute, but my favorite part is the cute black and white scarf that is tied to it!

Can't wait to hear where the best chocolate is- then I'll really need to come back! :)

carlo said...

awesome things to carry around paris, especially the chocolate book! YUM!!!!!

even the kid snacks are so cute

Liz said...

Love your purse! You definitely have some really interesting things in your purse!

Unknown said...

i love this. i love it as much as i loved "looking through" amanda's wallet. all the european stuff seems different from the american stuff, even though it's all just "everyday stuff."

i also noted right away that the black & white scarf tied on your purse was tres paris!

collette said...

I smiled when I saw Eva's juicey cup and her sunglasses. My folks sent me some emails from Paris just this morning and I thought of you. I can't help but feel jealous! I love your red bag and you look fab in black and white. Miss you!

Amie said...

Very cute purse. I think my sister in law has it in brown? The red is much cuter.

I guess maybe I didn't miss the SPT I can just consider myself late.... It is fun to see what everyone is carrying around with them.

Tasha said...

I love that purse! I love wearing black and white too!

So great to see your Paris pictures!

Jordan said...

I wish my bag's contents were as promising of great adventure as your are, sigh.

Laurie said...

Your Paris posts are so cool. I love love your purse, and your Paris-themed contents. That key is so cool. Your life is looking pretty dreamy right now.

Barb said...

I like my accessories to give me that splash of color, too. My next SPT will be all about that.

I know a mother of 11 who just walks around with her money and cards in her pocket. How does she do that??? Your bag is more the mommy situation I'm familiar with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...