Monday, November 20, 2006

FHE

I saw some ideas for Family Home Evening in a magazine when I was in the dentist's waiting room last week and thought I would share 2 ideas for gratitude-related FHE lessons that would be great for November.

1. Blindfold one person and present him/her with some objects that represent things you are grateful for. Have him/her feel the objects and write down what they are. Present the objects to another person who is not blindfolded. Explain that ingratitude is like a blindfold -- it can keep us from seeing our blessings, but when we have grateful hearts, we recognize blessings everywhere.

2. Make a treasure hunt that leads family members to things you are grateful for. Briefly discuss why you are grateful for these things, then talk about the benefit of seeking out our blessings and recognizing their source.

I don't know about your kids, but mine think treasure hunts are the best thing ever.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing these ideas! I'm leading Activity Days tomorrow and we're making Gratitude Journals and discussing gratitude but I think that blindfold game will be a great way to illustrate the point. Thanks!

Elisa said...

oooh great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

Good ideas. I wish my kids were older! I am having a hard time coming up with lessons that are elementary enough for a two year old! Acutally I've found some puzzles about the life of the Savior and the life of the prophets that I think may be good for Kaitlin. The best part--it will surely take us several weeks to discuss all of the things we could talk about. I jsut got color copies made. Now I have to cut them out and get started!

Laurie said...

Excellent. Thanks for any and all FHE ideas. It is hard to come up with FHEs for little ones sometimes!

Amie said...

Thanks for the good ideas. We need to get back on the FHE bandwagon.

Diana said...

Thanks for sharing. What good ideas. I should keep a file of FHE ideas to do when the kids are old enough. Now we mainly just have quick lessons out of the nursery manual.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...