Friday, October 13, 2006

update


First of all, thanks Jill for blogging for me! How I love that. She brought me these pretty red flowers from her yard and lunch from Cafe Rio yesterday, such a treat.


Amie brought me this gourmet caramel/chocolate apple on Tuesday. Thanks, Amie, it was honestly the only bright spot in that whole day!!

Things are looking up, somewhat. On Wednesday I took Eva to the doctor because I was sure she had an ear infection. Nope. But the dr. gave me a prescription cough medicine to help her sleep. She slept through the night and actually slept until 7:45!!! Unheard of. I didn't sleep straight through because Marc was coughing a lot, but I sure did appreciate being able to sleep in, and I felt a lot better yesterday. (She slept well last night but was back to her usual 5:15 wake-up call this morning.)

The good news is that I have a cold, but no fever or chills anymore. Also, a friend in my ward told me to get Vicks VapoRub for Marc. I did, and no coughing last night! (Why didn't I know about that sooner??) My s-i-l Michelle took the boys to her house for a sleepover last night -- so nice, because now I don't have to feel guilty about them not doing anything fun for the long weekend.

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I feel like things might be getting back to normal a little bit...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I sure hope things are looking brighter. I am sure the sleep will help Eva get better faster. Hang in there!

Jill said...

Hooray, you're back blogging! I'm so happy that Eva slept through the night two nights in a row (what a blessing) even if she woke up at 5:15 today (that sucks). Any good news is a relief to hear. Welcome back to normal life!!

amy gretchen said...

I'm really glad Eva doesn't have an ear infection. I hated that every month last year with my megan. Sorry your not doing well, but am glad it's mild. Nothing worse than being sick with you kids. I really hope life will start getting back to normal so you can enjoy the fall.

Bond Girl 007 said...

glad to hear you are feeling better...the flowers are super super nice, but oh how I wish I could have gatherings with Jill too! Lucky you! actually I think it is therapeutic no? always to meet with a dear one!

everything pink! said...

glad things are looking better. i wish i was closer i would come snatch that baby away and let you sleep. but then my caroline might punch her in the nose. who knew i was the mother of a bully.
hang in there girl.

jenny said...

Glad you back and good to hear Eva is sleeping better. Hopefully things are now on the mends for the sickies. Yummy apple and pretty flowers. Girlfriends rock!

jenny said...

Glad you back and good to hear Eva is sleeping better. Hopefully things are now on the mends for the sickies. Yummy apple and pretty flowers. Girlfriends rock!

Anonymous said...

So glad things are looking a little up. Hope it holds! And have to love those drugs, hee, hee!

Julie said...

I love Vicks Vapo Rub. My husband calls it "love rub" (a memory from his childhood). My kids call it yub yub. It is so nice and we use it whenever anyone in our house is sick. Glad you are feeling a little better at least. Hope you have a better weekend.

Laurie said...

I feel for you. Especially relating since my baby has a cold, and I am dreading tonight. I can only imagine how much he's going to wake up. And I think I can feel it coming on myself. OH FUN.

Diana said...

How nice to hear that things are looking up. Hope everyone continues to get better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...