Wednesday, February 08, 2006

ta-da!


Last night I finished another of the projects on my list of things to get organized in my scrap studio: all those loose lengths of ribbon that have been piled around on my desk, hidden away in sacks, etc. So now in addition to my racks of ribbon on spools, I have this lovely box of ribbon. Thanks to those of you who have already done this and inspired me to switch from my previous method of winding ribbon on gift-wrap cardboard tubes. This is so much more compact and portable, not to mention easy on the eyes! And best of all, I did it all while watching my favorite TV shows at night. If you have any great ideas for organizing that I should be aware of, please pass them on...

8 comments:

amy gretchen said...

ahhh ribbon. This looks so pleasing. You are the queen of awesome ribbon. How many boxes do you have? I did this project last october watching general conf. It has changed the way I use ribbon since I actually can see what i have now. look forward to seeing your next project.

everything pink! said...

WHAT!! WHAT!! i have never seen this. I don't understand how do i do this. I am so excited please let me know how you did this!!

Jill said...

It looks fantastic Michelle, so pleasing (and comforting really). It makes me want to redo mine because I've let it get kind of messy and out of control. I love it though and love being able to find everything so easily.

jenn said...

A box of organized ribbon is really a "good thing"!! I love mine too. When I don't have time to dig out the smokey plum, a quick look at all those happy colors and patterns is just what I need! Enjoy!

Jill said...

Jenn, you should post yours since you're the originator of this genius idea.

Amy said...

Ahhhhhh. . .pretty!

michelle said...

Kristi --

You just get a box (I used a photo box) and cut cardboard pieces to fit. Leave a little room height-wise to accomodate the bulk of the ribbon. Then just wind lengths of ribbon around the cardboard and secure with a pin. Voila!

everything pink! said...

doing it this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...